[N/A] Favorite Twilight Zone Episode

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Well its a holiday which means it's time for Syfy's Twilight Zone marathon. What are some of your favorite episodes?

Mine our:
"Time Enough At Last" - Feel sorry for that henpecked guy
"The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" - AKA "War on Terror" or Americans Overreact
"To Serve Man" - Yum Soylent Green

"And When The Sky Was Opened"

Hint: Disappearing Astronauts

"The Eye of the Beholder"

No hint.

And, of course, "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"

Hint: Aviation Related.

So many. Sure I'll think of more.

Last edited:
Can't remember much about it, except it was an early one: An old guy out for a walk in the woods finds his lost dog and they continue their walk together. Turns out the guy had just died and finally gets reunited with his old dog.

"The Last Flight"
"King Nine Will Not Return" - (Loosely based on the fate of "Lady Be Good".)
"Odyssey of Flight 33" - (Airplanes, time travel, and dinosaurs. What's not to like?)
"The Arrival" - (Airplanes and ghosts. What's not to like?)

Not Aviation:
"Thirty Fathom Grave". - This episode hit close to home. A very close friend of the family was the last person rescued alive from a sunken ship during WWII. He was trapped inside the ship for 9 days before they cut through to him.
"The Seventh is Made Up Of Phantoms" - Really well done.

Not my favorite:
"Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" - Didn't work for me. I thought William Shatner was a big ham.

"Probe 7, over and out" - Admiral Nelson in a different role

"Odyssey of Flight 33" was probably my favorite.

But when I first saw it as a child, "Little Girl Lost" was the one that creeped me out the most. A little girl in her bedroom falls through an invisible opening into another dimension. Gave me nightmares for weeks, that one did.

Season 3 Episode 1 "Two" With young Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery. Also like The Last Flight" Season 1 Episode 16.

Last edited:
Gotta be "The Invaders". Saw it when it aired the first time (as a pre-teen) by myself in an old farmhouse far out in the country, at night. Indelibly etched in memory from that point. One of the coolest plot twists I've ever come across.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invaders_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Jim

+1 remember seeing it on the old B&W TV with the record and 8 track player under the lid. Must have been 78 or 79, late at night with my brother sleeping on the floor, dark room and with rain beating on the roof. I still get the same feeling even now when I see it. Good memories. :)

Can't remember much about it, except it was an early one: An old guy out for a walk in the woods finds his lost dog and they continue their walk together. Turns out the guy had just died and finally gets reunited with his old dog.

Internet posts are not supposed to make me weepy...

To Serve Man, hands down.

I don't think you'll get points from the judges for that sort of presentation.

I actually went through nextflix and watched all of them - there are too many good ones to name any favorites.

I have a vague recollection of an episode I am unable to find. It was about a man who may have been going crazy but the English language was suddenly changing on him and words were getting swamped with other words slowly more and more words were getting confused until he couldn't understand them at all. Any idea what I'm talking about?

I have a vague recollection of an episode I am unable to find. It was about a man who may have been going crazy but the English language was suddenly changing on him and words were getting swamped with other words slowly more and more words were getting confused until he couldn't understand them at all. Any idea what I'm talking about?

That was "Wordplay" from the 1985 series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordplay_(The_Twilight_Zone)

What's the one that they are on a game board of some sort (but don't know it until the end)?

The hand comes down to scoop them up at the end.

I have a vague recollection of an episode I am unable to find. It was about a man who may have been going crazy but the English language was suddenly changing on him and words were getting swapped with other words slowly more and more words were getting confused until he couldn't understand them at all. Any idea what I'm talking about?

Shut up and go eat your dinosaur!

The best part of "To Serve Man" is the ending. Once you know that it's not nearly as enjoyable when you watch it again. I liked the thirty fathom grave, very creepy.

Yep, probably my favorite ep from the new series. I thought we were talking about TZ Classic...

BTW, it wasn't until years after watching this one the first time that it suddenly hit me that the main character was supposed to be having a stroke. After doing some online reading, I also learned that interpretation wasn't original with me.

Back