avongil

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AG
Where do these vents go?

duJAD56.jpg

d15lbAz.jpg

I always thought it was for the avionics.

Is there a Cabin Air control on the panel?

Is there a Cabin Air control on the panel?

Nope, but the vents the OP asking about are for the avionics. Only cabin air are the two overhead vents that you can slide in and out to vary how much air you desire.

Those vents are for av cooling. have a look up behind the panel..see where the ducting goes.

Configuration is different than OP but definitely cabin air vents in the nose.
Cabin air vents are the squarish vents forward of these they can be opened and closed.

I don't recall seeing that vent for the cabin air on 152s, just the two overhead vents, but it's there.

Now that I thought about it I remember. Did it have a pull out push type control inside?

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing that vent for the cabin air on 152s, just the two overhead vents, but it's there.

Now that I thought about I remember. Did it have a pull out push type control inside?
Yeah, the 152 had the square cabin air vent door on the right with push-pull knob on the panel, just like a 172.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 8.36.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 8.38.42 PM.png

Yep, avionics, keep 'em cool.
Yup, the small rounded inlets on both sides are for the avionics.

Our Cardinal has those. My A&P told me those are sealed off on most Cessnas because they let in a lot of water, and now that we don't use vacuum tubes very much these days you don't need them.

You need a borescope to properly determine the correct preflight action.

Our Cardinal has those. My A&P told me those are sealed off on most Cessnas because they let in a lot of water, and now that we don't use vacuum tubes very much these days you don't need them.
I was wondering how much moisture would make it in there. Seems like a bad idea.

Nope, but the vents the OP asking about are for the avionics. Only cabin air are the two overhead vents that you can slide in and out to vary how much air you desire.

Well that's not true, on the starboard side there is s 2 x 3" square door that pops open when you pull the vent knob.

Avionics sounds like a winner, il try to verify that sticking my head under the panel.

Well that's not true, on the starboard side there is s 2 x 3" square door that pops open when you pull the vent knob.

Avionics sounds like a winner, il try to verify that sticking my head under the panel.

Yes, I already realized and acknowledged that in post #13. Hey I get partial credit right? And I did answer your question correctly. ;):)

Some radios still need them. Older solid-state stuff generates some heat.

We often find the hoses disconnected and left hanging under the panel, squirting air everywhere. In the winter the occupants can't get warm and wonder why.

Yes, I already realized and acknowledged that in post #13. Hey I get partial credit right? And I did answer your question correctly. ;):)
sorry I no read everything. You are the winner, answered the question correctly.

Now everyone can stump some chumps at the hanger tonight. If anyone makes any money, they owe me a beer.

Back