myflightbook

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Going for a checkout soon.
Quick answer to how to record the check airman’s notation in the electronic record?
(can’t log in to the site from phone to find the answer)
Thanks

There's no requirement for a checkride logbook entry. If they give one (most do), it can be an entry signed by the DPE just like any instructor. If they don't, just note it yourself in the comment field and use the added Properties.

There's no requirement for a checkride logbook entry. If they give one (most do), it can be an entry signed by the DPE just like any instructor. If they don't, just note it yourself in the comment field and use the added Properties.

Thanks Mark; no entry required.
Or I can make my own entry.
(not sure what you mean by 'entry signed by DPE' - how do they sign a digital log?
Will check out Properties to see if it's in there)

Ok this is easy. No need to bother Eric, he's set it up right there under the Training Tab, it drops down to Endorsements where you can upload a signed image, or Request Signatures. Plus a caveat on valid endorsements.

Edit: just noticed you found your answer. I'll leave this anyway.

not sure what you mean by 'entry signed by DPE' - how do they sign a digital log?
The same way your CFI would (did?). Digital logbooks, including this one, have electronic signature capability. Can't see a reason a DPE certificate wouldn't work - @EricBe? There are instructions and videos for doing it "live" in the mobile app (photo) or remotely (which can come in handy).
upload_2023-1-8_6-40-1.png

Edit: just noticed you found your answer. I'll leave this anyway.

The same way your CFI would (did?). Digital logbooks, including this one, have electronic signature capability. Can't see a reason a DPE certificate wouldn't work - @EricBe? There are instructions and videos for doing it "live" in the mobile app (photo) or remotely (which can come in handy).
View attachment 113789
Heck, they could put in XYZ for their certificate, if they wanted. Yes, they could use their DPE certificate.

ok I looked harder for this and could not find.
I know someone here can, in 0.05 seconds, tell me where to find it.

One of my totals is not showing up correctly, it's way too low.
I suspect that I put in a wrong starting total.
How do I find those totals and then modify one of them?

One method is to export into Excel, scrub through the data using various means (search, sort, plead, beg, cajole) and once you found the offending entry, save and reimport back to MFB.

The Search feature (under Logbook) is pretty robust, allowing you to use several styles of query to locate the desired entries

If you used the starting totals feature on MyFlightbook, search for "CATCH". The totals are held in placeholder flights that contain "CATCH-UP FLIGHT". Or, just click on a column header to sort your flights by that column (sort is ascending by default; click it a second time to sort descending); starting totals flights typically have large values for this so should bubble up pretty quickly.

@EricBe Is it possible to add a catch up flight with the same date as the original catch-ups?
I was able to jam the missing time into another catchup flight but it really doesn't belong there.
Its my ifr time; I somehow failed to include it originally so I forced it into the asel catchup.
Which is ok but not as clean as I'd like. Thanks!

@EricBe Is it possible to add a catch up flight with the same date as the original catch-ups?
I was able to jam the missing time into another catchup flight but it really doesn't belong there.
Its my ifr time; I somehow failed to include it originally so I forced it into the asel catchup.
Which is ok but not as clean as I'd like. Thanks!
I'm trying to understand what you are trying to do. Unless I'm mistaken, the catch up is to set starting totals. If the one you did is incorrect, why not just edit the original catch up flight to clean it up?

I'm trying to understand what you are trying to do. Unless I'm mistaken, the catch up is to set starting totals. If the one you did is incorrect, why not just edit the original catch up flight to clean it up?

I could try to do a screenshot later but there are actually several catchup entries: SEL, MEL, IMC, Day, Night, different types of a/c etc
I forgot the actual ifr entry and could not find a way, 8 months later, to add a new catchup with the original date (again, for cleanness sake).
For now, I edited the SEL entry to add the IMC

I could try to do a screenshot later but there are actually several catchup entries: SEL, MEL, IMC, Day, Night, different types of a/c etc
I forgot the actual ifr entry and could not find a way, 8 months later, to add a new catchup with the original date (again, for cleanness sake).
Ah. Gotcha. That's what I figured you would need to do, but I wrote in singular rather than plural. Fortunately, that's a feature I didn't have to use.

But, if I'm not mistaken, whenever you do a new catch up entry, it prompts for the date you want to use. No?

Mark did my product support for me here (thanks, Mark!). Indeed - when you created a set of catch-up flights, it's just a set of flights like any other in your logbook.

But I'm not quite following your scenario here: if you used the MyFlightbook starting totals tool, then it only created catch up flights using different placeholder aircraft representing different category/classes or models. E.g., SEL/MEL. But it didn't create placeholders for Day, night, and so forth. The idea being that you'd add any night, IMC, etc. to those flights. So if you add IMC to, say, the MEL placeholder, then that becomes MEL IMC time. The only reason to have more than one catch-up flight is to capture things that live at the model level - such as complex, category/class, tailwheel, etc. Things like night/imc/dual would not go into distinct flights.

Anyhow, editing one of these flights - even to edit the date - is simple: you can edit any flight in your logbook using the drop arrow menu on the right side of the flight in the logbook view (if you're using the website). You may have to search to find these flights. But regardless, date is an editable field.

Or did you create these flights manually (i.e., not using the MyFlightbook Starting Totals tool)? Same answer, really: find the flight and you can edit it however you like to add in whatever additional attributes you need.

And to the specific question you asked (adding a new catch-up flight with the same date as the original): Mark was correct - if you use the Starting Totals tool, you can pick the date to match the original startup flights. Or just enter your own new flight using that date.

If I'm still not answering your question, why don't we take it offline - myflightbook@gmail.com

starting totals tool, then it only created catch up flights using different placeholder aircraft representing different category/classes or models. E.g., SEL/MEL. But it didn't create placeholders for Day, night, and so forth. The idea being that you'd add any night, IMC, etc. to those flights. So if you add IMC to, say, the MEL placeholder, then that becomes MEL IMC time. The only reason to have more than one catch-up flight is to capture things that live at the model level - such as complex, category/class, tailwheel, etc. Things like night/imc/dual would not go into distinct flights.
Happy for this post. I have a possible new user and will have to walk him through this.

Back