My Zulus are here ahhhhhh

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Big Smile on my face:D buzzer rings cause the receptionist is off today and in walks the UPS guy, I know what it is! I've been tracking it from Oregon for a Week. I open the box and pure joy like a kid on Hanukkah!

Another attorney walks into my office and says something to me. But I can't hear him:thumbsup: Says it again, but I still cant hear him:thumbsup: He shouts " You look goofy" I said I know but I don't care cause the feel soooo good!

Attachments

• Photo_082710_001.jpg
    Photo_082710_001.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo_082710_002.jpg
    Photo_082710_002.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo_082710_003.jpg
    Photo_082710_003.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 26
OOOoooo, I know the feeling! Did the same thing with my Sierra's when they arrived this past Monday!! Bring them tonight, we can compare! :thumbsup:

Love that smell of fresh leather and they feel so good when they were put on! I have 2 hrs on mine now in the plane, Wow, they are great!

I wasn't a believer in the Bose and the Zulu. I decided to buy a Zulu in January before flying to California and back as I wanted my copilot to be able to wear my 20XLCs. A few months ago I also bought a Bose off a friend of mine who didn't like it, and had gone back to his DCs as his primary headset.

A couple hundred hours later with the Zulus (and a few with the Bose), I have no intentions of going back. It is that much better.

Enjoy! :)

ROLMAO !!!:rofl:
:D

Did I ever tell you year before last my SO got it in her head that we should celebrate Hanukkah? She started bugging me about what to do and I was so unhelpful as I did not want to do it. I told her it was the holiday to celebrate oil and all we need to do is eat a lot of fried foods and G-d would be pleased, but she was not convinced.

---

You coming to 6Y9 on Friday?

If so I would like to compare notes with you on the Zulus. I hardly use mine, it is mostly a fit issue.

Last edited:
Big Smile on my face:D buzzer rings cause the receptionist is off today and in walks the UPS guy, I know what it is! I've been tracking it from Oregon for a Week. I open the box and pure joy like a kid on Hanukkah!

Another attorney walks into my office and says something to me. But I can't hear him:thumbsup: Says it again, but I still cant hear him:thumbsup: He shouts " You look goofy" I said I know but I don't care cause the feel soooo good!

Nothing like a new toy/gaget to play with. So... how many hours of flying did that set you back? :D

Gary

I'm a very happy Zulu user. You'll love 'em. Happy Hanukkah!

Nothing like a new toy/gaget to play with. So... how many hours of flying did that set you back? :D

Gary

well it would be quite a bit They go for $850 but I traded in my 20XLcs and got $300 toward the Zulus then I got some birthday money that made up most of the difference.

Post a pic of that! :goofy:
You got it see below

I'm a very happy Zulu user. You'll love 'em. Happy Hanukkah!

HA thanks. They were actually my Brithday present to myself!:D

Attachments

• Photo_082710_004.jpg
    Photo_082710_004.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 47
:D

Did I ever tell you year before last my SO got it in her head that we should celebrate Hanukkah? She started bugging me about what to do and I was so unhelpful as I did not want to do it. I told her it was the holiday to celebrate oil and all we need to do is eat a lot of fried foods and G-d would be pleased, but she was not convinced.

---

You coming to 6Y9 on Friday?

If so I would like to compare notes with you on the Zulus. I hardly use mine, it is mostly a fit issue.

Thats a good story. Get her the Jewish Catalogue it will tell her everything you don't want to:D. Yes I'll be at 6Y9. Hoping to be there about 5 if we can do some quick fuel turnarounds. I'll have about 6-7 hours of use to compare some notes with you.

Adam, the other good use for them is when you're mowing the lawn. Great for listening to music and making your neighbors think you're even crazier than you are. :D

Thats a good story. Get her the Jewish Catalogue it will tell her everything you don't want to:D. Yes I'll be at 6Y9. Hoping to be there about 5 if we can do some quick fuel turnarounds. I'll have about 6-7 hours of use to compare some notes with you.
My plan is to also be there at 5 EDT for fish fry. I have to head home that night and need to be out of there before dark.

I got her another book written by a friend of mine called Hanukkah, Shmanukkah!

http://www.amazon.com/Hanukkah-Shmanukkah-Esm-Raji-Codell/dp/0786851791

It is the Christmas Carol adapted for the tribe. ;)

Esme is a really funny lady too. Here husband is a neat guy as well. He is the artist that does all the concert posters for Phish!

Adam, the other good use for them is when you're mowing the lawn. Great for listening to music and making your neighbors think you're even crazier than you are. :D

I thought that I was the only one that did that!! Hey, Zulu's make you look a LOT smarter than 20-3G's!!! :) Bluetoothing music from your cell phone works very great!

My plan is to also be there at 5 EDT for fish fry. I have to head home that night and need to be out of there before dark.

Ah you should have light until about 10:15 local given sunset and civil twilight.

Adam I hate to say it, but your lawyer co worker is right. You do look goofy with the Zulus on. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the headsets :D

Enjoy yours. I love mine. See ya in the UP

Those are often the best ones because they were purchased by someone who knows exactly what you wanted.:cornut:

Congratulations on the headset, I bet you'll love them. My wife loves hers and I'm still wearing the 20 3G's. What kind of a case are they shipping in, now? When I bought my wife's there was some talk about folks not being satisfied with the "hard cases" did they change to something else?

You don't look goofy, you look happy. Congrats.

But you do look goofy without them. :D

I thought that I was the only one that did that!! Hey, Zulu's make you look a LOT smarter than 20-3G's!!! :) Bluetoothing music from your cell phone works very great!

Geez, it must be an Aztec owner thing. The similarities we have are starting to scare me. :)

Ooh good idea! How well does the bluetooth work with the iPod in your pocket?

Don't own an iPod, but it works great with my cell phone on my hip or in various parts of the airplane.

Congratulations on the headset, I bet you'll love them. My wife loves hers and I'm still wearing the 20 3G's. What kind of a case are they shipping in, now? When I bought my wife's there was some talk about folks not being satisfied with the "hard cases" did they change to something else?

They are shipped in the hard case. Its kind of nice more protective that other cases.

Nice!!!
You'll get some good use of them next week!

Never thought about using them for mowing the lawn...
can freak the neighbors out pretending to call for mowing clearance! :)

Never thought about using them for mowing the lawn...
can freak the neighbors out pretending to call for mowing clearance! :)

Hey, I should try that!

"Sorry, I couldn't get clearance to mow the yard, so I didn't." :D

I got one of the original hard cases. The newer cases are the same but with a carry handle - much more practical when flying light sport and can't use a regular flight bag that's heavier and takes up more space.

They are shipped in the hard case. Its kind of nice more protective that other cases.

Adam has a Gen3 case.

I own 2 Zulus that originally came with the Gen1 hard case. The ear cups laid flat and there was no center hoop divider to contain the control unit and the cord. Each of my Zulus required repair to the cord from what I and the factory believe to be cramped quarters in these original Gen1 cases. The ANR would become intermittent and I was able to find the weak or broken spot in the cord, presumably from being pinched or bent in the case.

When each of my Zulu's was repaired, the tech said "yes, we know of that situation, we'll send them back with a new style case that is a little larger and should prevent that" 1st came back with a Gen 2 case, same as a Gen 3 without a carry handle, 2nd came back with a Gen3 case.

No problems so far.

We have the Gen1 case, I thought they had made some changes but didn't know what they were. Knock wood so far we've not had any problems with her wiring harness.

Went to the local Aircraft Spruce today. That was the first time I have been able to see and feel the Zulu's. I wouldn't let myself actually put them on because I'm pretty sure I would have been miserable with my Telex Echelons.

well it would be quite a bit They go for $850 but I traded in my 20XLcs and got $300 toward the Zulus then I got some birthday money that made up most of the difference.

You got it see below

I bet the judge is really impressed too!
Some of my best presents came from my wallet too. Happy Birthday.

Probably looked like a dork, but they work really well for mowing!!! :yes:

I can actually hear the music without cranking it up to 11. :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 20
Adam has a Gen3 case.

I own 2 Zulus that originally came with the Gen1 hard case. The ear cups laid flat and there was no center hoop divider to contain the control unit and the cord. Each of my Zulus required repair to the cord from what I and the factory believe to be cramped quarters in these original Gen1 cases. The ANR would become intermittent and I was able to find the weak or broken spot in the cord, presumably from being pinched or bent in the case.

When each of my Zulu's was repaired, the tech said "yes, we know of that situation, we'll send them back with a new style case that is a little larger and should prevent that" 1st came back with a Gen 2 case, same as a Gen 3 without a carry handle, 2nd came back with a Gen3 case.

No problems so far.

Wow you sure know about those Zulu cases. Anyway you decribed my case perfectly.

Just used the Zulus for the first time today on a flight in the Cherokee from UKT ot GED about an hour each way behind an O-360.All I can say is... Amazing it seemed as loud sitting in an airliner. I'll see how they do on a 5-6 hr flight out to 6Y9 next week and report back.

Ooh good idea! How well does the bluetooth work with the iPod in your pocket?

Probably looked like a dork, but they work really well for mowing!!! :yes:

I can actually hear the music without cranking it up to 11. :D
I was using mine for that today, too. The Android makes a perfect player via BlueTooth, not only for music, but for AVIATION PODCASTS! I listened to the latest Pilotcast with Max Trescott this afternoon while mowing the lawn, and heard it much better, even than my sony in-ear noise canceling buds.

Back