My Quaint Little Town -

I tried to post a wider angle shot that has the harbor and more islands in it, and with script overlay. The file is a LOT SMALLER than the image at top of thread, but the pop-up keeps saying "The file is too big." ???? 2.6 MB.

HR

I will be in the Brunswick area later this month. Don't know if we'll fly or drive to Acadia NP. Might see more if we drive.

Noman: Give me some notice when you'll be in Brunswick; would be happy to meet with you.
Here's one of my shots of Brunswick_DSC8250 (1).JPG

HR

Here's another; same old mill building from a different angle, and a serious crop of the original shot.

Attachments

• DSC05938 (2).JPG
    DSC05938 (2).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Here's another; same old mill building from a different angle, and a serious crop of the original shot.

Thats Topsham across the river?

Harley, I maybe on the Rockland area around 8/1. Tips for restaurants or boat cruises in the local area? I will be with groundbounders this time...

That's Topsham across the river?

Harley, I maybe on the Rockland area around 8/1. Tips for restaurants or boat cruises in the local area? I will be with groundbounders this time...

Topsham, that is. My original shot is much better(wider angle), but it's also 30+ MB. Lots of good restaurants in Rockland. Remember, that the first weekend in August is Lobster Festival Weekend and, if that's your time frame the place will be hopping. PRIMO(restaurant) is just as it sounds. Its chef has been a James Beard winner. The Pearl has recently re-opened under new ownership(my photo is a few years old). Then there's The Samoset Hotel(and restaurant). Boat cruises are available, though I don't have specifics. (Is this what you have in mind for a "boat cruise?" :eek:)

Attachments

• DSC07542.JPG
    DSC07542.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 13
  • _DSC8460 (1).JPG
    _DSC8460 (1).JPG
    100 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Topsham, that is. My original shot is much better(wider angle), but it's also 30+ MB. Lots of good restaurants in Rockland. Remember, that the first weekend in August is Lobster Festival Weekend and, if that's your time frame the place will be hopping. PRIMO(restaurant) is just as it sounds. Its chef has been a James Beard winner. The Pearl has recently re-opened under new ownership(my photo is a few years old). Then there's The Samoset Hotel(and restaurant). Boat cruises are available, though I don't have specifics. (Is this what you have in mind for a "boat cruise?" :eek:)

Negative on that kind of cruise! Also negative on a cruise on a product of the BIW... Did that one 40 years ago. Looking for a coctail cruise around the islands. Re: the restaurants you recommend, any benefit to you or us if we mention your name, or will they spit on the floor and throw us out? -Skip

Was in Rockland for the Lobster fest. Far too many people!
Love BoothBay Harbor area. I could retire there, if it weren't for that whole "winter" thing. Speaking of cruises, we went on a whale watch. So foggy one of the beasts could have jumped on the bow and we wouldn't have seen it. Cruise came complete with a marine biologist that looked like she could have been George Costanza's sister. Cracked me up.

The folks at IWI are top notch, if you're planning on flying in.

Last edited:
Negative on that kind of cruise! Also negative on a cruise on a product of the BIW... Did that one 40 years ago. Looking for a coctail cruise around the islands. Re: the restaurants you recommend, any benefit to you or us if we mention your name, or will they spit on the floor and throw us out? -Skip
Though only in Georgetown now(near Bath), I've been "awaaayy" from Rockland so long that, when I'm IN the area it's unusual if I cross paths with anyone I used to know. I may have to edit this comment because that blasted pop-up that's trying to trick me into installing Windows 10 is blocking the area in which I'm (blindly) typing.

That ship I photographed was entering Rockland Harbor. Note the size of it in comparison to the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse it was about to leave to starboard. I was over St. George, several NM away when I made the initial shot, then headed for the Harbor to get closer shots.

Back