My private pilot certificate was canceled.

Congratulations. You now get four hours less drinking time.

The FAA sent a piece of plastic with my picture on it. Dunno why it also has a picture of some other guy. The plastic sez something about being brought to you by Carl's Jr. FAA dun be getting weird.

The FAA sent a piece of plastic with my picture on it. Dunno why it also has a picture of some other guy. The plastic sez something about being brought to you by Carl's Jr. FAA dun be getting weird.

Did you get an administrator signed one or an acting administrator? ;)

In recent history has anybody had a DPE not allow software planning tools after the Private ride? That said you better be able to figure things out without software either on the ground or in the air.

I planned my flight using an on-line tool for my instrument ride back in 2011. The DPE's attitude was that I had shown I knew how to do it by hand for my PP ride, so no problem with using the computer for the instrument ride. So, it was OK back to 2011, anyway.

I planned my flight using an on-line tool for my instrument ride back in 2011. The DPE's attitude was that I had shown I knew how to do it by hand for my PP ride, so no problem with using the computer for the instrument ride. So, it was OK back to 2011, anyway.

Two local DPEs here will just have you hit “send” in ForeFlight while you’re both on the school’s WiFi these days so they can look over your plan on their iPad and have a copy.

Two local DPEs here will just have you hit “send” in ForeFlight while you’re both on the school’s WiFi these days so they can look over your plan on their iPad and have a copy.

So for waypoints in FF, since you can't mark it like you can on a sectional, just hold your finger down and create a lat/long waypoint by the checkpoint?

That is all. Please return to your regular POA infighting, nit-picking, and other negative activities.
So, now that the Frankenkota is almost gone, want to fly my cherokee for the summer? I'm grounded (knee replacement) until mid-August. When it's not in the shop for annual, ask Bill for the set of keys. Pay your own gas.

So, now that the Frankenkota is almost gone, want to fly my cherokee for the summer? I'm grounded (knee replacement) until mid-August. When it's not in the shop for annual, ask Bill for the set of keys. Pay your own gas.
I need a friend like you. :)

That is an extremely generous offer and I may do it to help keep the engine exercised. I’ll pm you. I was always concerned when the ‘kota didn’t get flown regularly.

So for waypoints in FF, since you can't mark it like you can on a sectional, just hold your finger down and create a lat/long waypoint by the checkpoint?

I guess. For my rides I just picked intersections that worked to an airway. You never get more than 1/2 hour into the thing. Just looking it over as a way to discuss why a particular route was chosen, airspace, etc.

Back