My new twin!!

I don't know much about those types of boats, but it looks very nice. Based in Destin?

she's a beaut! got any pics of the inside?

and btw, a certain fat kid in a laundry basket would love to do some fishing!-

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be curious on inside pics and some additional specs.

The same one you sold?
No, I gave up on that crazy guy, good thing I didn't buy it back, the captain called my guy in Destin and told him they just spent $45K to redo the exhaust system!!:eek::eek:

I'd be curious on inside pics and some additional specs.
I don't have any of the inside, my wife may have some,I'll get some when I pick it up. It was built in 2004 for a retired fighter pilot, has twin Cummins diesels, generator, water maker, ice chipper, Sea Keeper gyro stabilization system, really well equipped for a 45 footer. The inside is clean, but it's set up to fish not do the wine and cheese cruises. Has a little over 2000 hours total time, the owner passed away last fall and it needs a serious cleaning and waxing. His widow is being very accommodating and getting all the necessary repairs finished quickly.

Congrats! That's a nice looking boat!!

Red Snapper Mmmm

Nice boat too! :D

Paging @JCranford ---- you might have a customer for that fancy fishing gear you're making.

Red Snapper season? lol the two days it is open will be blowing 20-30...

Beautiful boat. I don't do that type of fishing, but I always love a purpose-built boat like a sportfish.

It really looks nice. Seems like a great find!

I assume that's a cold-molded boat. Was she built in Edenton, NC? You'll like the fuel economy! Well compared to other types of construction for 45' boats...

I have never been on a boat with seakeeper but I love the idea... really cool technology. Probably a great thing to have if you are taking an overnight tuna trip.

Last edited:
Sweet looking ride. I don't know diddley about saltwater boats, but it looks like a good'n. Congrats.

When is the POA cruise?
I'll be in Destin for the week of the 4th of July :smilewinkgrin:
Normally we are there for the 4th, but my wife is starting 6 weeks of radiation and chemo on June 5, so other than weekends we will be staying in Atlanta.

I assume that's a cold-molded boat. Was she built in Edenton, NC? You'll like the fuel economy! Well compared to other types of construction for 45' boats...

I have never been on a boat with seakeeper but I love the idea... really cool technology. Probably a great thing to have if you are taking an overnight tuna trip.
I was really surprised when the broker told me about the Seakeeper! I got some pics on the fuel burn at cruise, 80% load was a bit over 30 knots and 45 GPH total! The old Hatteras was 80-100 GPH and wouldn't do 30 unless it was WOT and about 120 GPH!! I am pretty excited to get it out and see how she does.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. That is one sweet rig!

I hit the middle grounds every so often and they are covered with them as is every wreck I dive or fish at.

Here is my rig.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 42
I was really surprised when the broker told me about the Seakeeper! I got some pics on the fuel burn at cruise, 80% load was a bit over 30 knots and 45 GPH total! The old Hatteras was 80-100 GPH and wouldn't do 30 unless it was WOT and about 120 GPH!! I am pretty excited to get it out and see how she does.

Yep that's a Carolina boat. Lightweight with a moderarte deadrise at the transom for economy, but a sharp entry to slice through the chop.

Last edited:
Normally we are there for the 4th, but my wife is starting 6 weeks of radiation and chemo on June 5, so other than weekends we will be staying in Atlanta.

Prayers to your wife John. Went through Cancer with a former wife.. That was rough.

30 knots is pretty durn good, but what will she do in reverse when you're hooked up on that billfish?

Whats the snapper season look like this year? Ive lost touch since moving to DC, need to get back and stay back (read I will happily polish aluminum, change oil, scrub, and cut bait for cheap).

Very sorry to hear it. Fortunately that stuff does work... I happen to be in the radiation oncology business

Best of luck to her. My mom is a survivor.

You're going to switch those Cummins out for some C18 Cats right??? What model Cummins are they?

I hope things go well for your wife John. She's going on our prayer list at church.

30 knots is pretty durn good, but what will she do in reverse when you're hooked up on that billfish?

Whats the snapper season look like this year? Ive lost touch since moving to DC, need to get back and stay back (read I will happily polish aluminum, change oil, scrub, and cut bait for cheap).
Federal snapper season is June 1-4, I think. Should be 4-6 foot seas!! State runs through early July, I believe.

Back