My new airplane has a weird propeller. What's the deal?

Nice folks there. I dropped in to visit with them while trying to find a CFI closer to me. I like how clean their shop is, and everybody working there seemed to be happy and kept their work area tidy!

Too bad 7F7 isn't better utilized. It looks like the runway has just been resurfaced, and there are not a bunch of obstacles at either end.

Oh man I would love to have a 400.!!

(key word....HAVE)
This thing was one of the best looking planes at OSH, some pics I snapped below. Nice owner tool, definitely loves his plane, understandably so!!

There are some Aztec-esq aspects about the plane, namely the cabin windows, and on at least the -400 the horizontal stabilizer

upload_2021-12-23_16-7-40.png

upload_2021-12-23_16-12-52.png

upload_2021-12-23_16-7-51.png

Speaking of huge

Vne also higher on the 400 due to the stabilator change
Now that you mention it.. I believe the owner did mention something about that. But I can't say for sure

upload_2021-12-23_16-7-51-png.103044

720 cubic inches.....I love it.!!

I have only seen one in real life.

And man.... that thing sounded sweet as it taxied by.!!

There was one for sale not too long ago, and I thought about it. Wouldn’t have fit the mission at all, but would have been epic.

I think someone landed without gear down.

I have spent very little time in Texas but I have heard the phrase “all hat and no cattle” numerous times in my life. I have heard it in movies, on tv shows, and in real life. In real life it was usually when someone who had likely never herded cattle in his life dressed like a cowboy with hat, boots, etc.

The funniest use of the phrase was when a friend at work used it to describe another mechanic who had the largest possible Snap On toolbox there was stuffed full of shiny new tools but did not possess an ounce of mechanical aptitude. Cracked me up.

Back