My Kingdom for a [rental] plane in a 50-70nm radius of HPN

Why the constant 'High Wing - Low Wing' stuff. :confused:

Every few months, in whatever post topic it may pop up from, you guys have to get into that p*ssing match. Sheesh.

High Wingers get defensive and feel guilty about not having low wing planes. :D (read Beech's, Mooneys, Cessna Jets, King Airs, Cirrussesses)

Low Wingers get all uppity and put down High Wingers. :nono:

Can't we all just get along? :mad2:

Feel the Love :rolleyes:

Why the constant 'High Wing - Low Wing' stuff. :confused:

Every few months, in whatever post topic it may pop up from, you guys have to get into that p*ssing match. Sheesh.

Can't we all just get along? :mad2: Feel the Love :rolleyes:
Dutch, two things I've learned about pilots...1) I never met one without a [long range] plan and 2) if nothing, they are passionate about their wings. I feel the love...for their planes :D

Last edited:
I always thought that the "high-wing, low-wing" debate was just about good natured ribbing. :)

Notice my icons:redface:

Yeah. I was just keeping the discussion going. :D

Even though I fly Cessnas, I will forever remain an uppity low-wing pilot at heart. :rolleyes: (my intro to aviation was riding back seat while my dad was getting a flight review in a Mooney)

Last edited:
Notice my icons:redface:

Yeah. I was just keeping the discussion going. :D

Even though I fly Cessnas, I will forever remain an uppity low-wing pilot at heart. :rolleyes: (my intro to aviation was riding back seat while my dad was getting a flight review in a Mooney)

Awww, PA44 meet DutchessFlier; DutchessFlier meet PA44...you are both my friends and both really nice people. :)

If I wanted to look at the ground I'd be driving my car, not flying an airplane. I want to see the sky. ;)

If I wanted to look at the ground I'd be driving my car, not flying an airplane. I want to see the sky. ;)

But you can see the sky very well from the ground, so why fly for that? ;)

And you can see a whole lot more of the ground from a high-wing than from a car... or a low-wing. ;) :D

Think of different planes like different cars. You wouldn't immediately refuse to drive a car just because you had never trained in it. Try it out. You might like something different.
By the way, most places won't just toss you the keys anyways. You'll need to meet THEIR requirements before they turn you loose. Think of your new cert as "continue to learn".
I started with C152s and C172s. Half way through, I changed schools which had PA28-161s and '181s (Warriors and Archers). I own the latter but often rent C172s. I've also had a chance to fly other planes.
The fun never stops!

Back