My iPhone died. 1 month old

I've dropped my iPhone from my super-secure case belt clip a dozen or so times, even to concrete and sidewalks. I don't think it's even scratched. (It slips out of the case while the clip keeps holding. I need to add some tape or something.)

Yeah, I shoullda done that. The 34th time it feel this week I was thinking I need to find one of my many stashes of Velcro and put a dot on it.

This evening it fell to my concrete carport and cracked the glass. Mine still works but I guess I gotta use the same guys to fix it.

I don't need this. :mad3:

I managed to drop a nearly new Timex (electric analog) watch 80 feet down an elevator shaft when it popped off the wristband during a little scuffle. I recovered the watch from the bottom of the shaft and at first glance it looked like it had survived (even the crystal was intact) but closer examination revealed the hands were flattened against the watch face and the internals were trashed. I guess that's why the old Timex commercials ("take's a lickin...") never showed a high drop test.

matt michael dropped a digital timex out of a tree once NE of ames, in october. the next spring he had another job at the same house and found the watch. it was still running.

I was in college at the time. Need I say more?

Thread bump. They say that Timex shoud make better wrist bands...

He says when the $300 and one year wait replacement band on his Tag-Heur broke in two places. I'm probably gonna just get a generic band this time.

I shipped my iPhone to a company called MissionRepair in Kansas City yesterday. They fixed it today and shipped it back with the following comments:

Repair cost $223

Busted Monday, shipped out Tuesday, fixed Wednesday, should have it back tomorrow.

$199! I might as well get a 3G iPhone. *sigh*

I'll call em.

Edit: No I won't. I can get a refubd 3G iPhone for the same $199.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/refurb-phones.jsp

I might just hang on to this one trying not to cut myself until June when they announce the next version.

Last edited:
I might just hang on to this one trying not to cut myself until June when they announce the next version.

I can use the thing but I actually picked up some glass bits in my fingertip. :yikes:

My cowboy solution: I need a plastic screen cover that you can still work the touch screen through. I have the stick-on film but I don't think that will stick.

Anybody know of a case or sleeve for the 2G iPhone that has a screen cover you can use in place?

I think I have a cut to match clear plastic kit stowed away. I could try something like that.

Suggestions?

Back