My hose is longer than I realized

You've got a leak somewhere.
That is my thought too, unless he is topping it off every time it goes down a quarter inch. Time for a bucket test.
Put a rock in the bucket to keep it from floating away.
Put the bucket on a step and fill it to the same level as the pool.
After a few days, the level in the bucket should still be the same level as the pool.

Building inspectors check pool plumbing?

My experience here in one of the best managed counties in Georgia is that inspectors are stretched pretty thin and are mostly concerned with safetly and health stuff like depth of trenches, shored trenches (where necessary), sewer connections, and setbacks. I don't think they are particularly interested in the details of pool plumbing. Is it different elsewhere?
Yeah, they do, at least where I live. The county government has become an HOA on steroids.

Pools require plumbing, building, and electrical permits, along with grading permits if the land has to be graded (limits: 1.5 feet without a permit, 3 foot retaining wall without a permit). And they do come inspect: requires inspection for plumbing, electrical, safety (fences around the pool) and appropriate construction/grading. Plumbing requires installation of a back flow preventer (as is required for permanent lawn sprinklers, but not necessarily required for a hose connection).

It was even worse when I used to live in a historic district (when I lived in San Antonio). Any outside modifications (including a pool or even painting of a house) required permission from the historic preservation office in addition to the other permits.

As I said, HOA on steroids with lotsa enforcement power.

Here we are, giving good free advice, and none of us here have ever been invited to use the aforementioned pool.

Unless I was the only kid not invited to the party.

TFSCLRR0405_Tape_CLR_4in_Front.jpg

Back