my grumman (finally)

RED handle,,,,, We don't need no stinking RED handle, We fly Grummans!!!!!

Correct... Just open the canopy, roll inverted, and release the seatbelt. No red handle needed....

So, 6PC, when is the delivery?

Monday. It's going to be a bazillion degrees which I think is good. I'll get to learn about high density lethargic climb from the get go with a cfi.

I'm kind of over the shell shock I've been going through a week or so before and after spending the money and I've moved on to giddy anticipation.

Monday. It's going to be a bazillion degrees which I think is good. I'll get to learn about high density lethargic climb from the get go with a cfi.

I'm kind of over the shell shock I've been going through a week or so before and after spending the money and I've moved on to giddy anticipation.
....but you'll surely enjoy the taxi with canopy open, taking advantage of that big fan up front!

As much as I want to give you a hard time about the lack of a red handle, having to learn how to land now, etc.

What I really want to say is Congratulations! Happy for you, looks like a great plane!

Jim

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Looks like you made it to the end.

They start over at the first expensive annual.

They start over again the day you decide to sell it.

;)

I look forward to your smiling face telling us all about your first flights!!
I have happiness in my heart at this momentous time...
Soooo Monday,, tomorrow is the big time for you now,,, tell us everything!!!!
We are both new to this plane thing,, we are some wild and crazy guys!!!
I brung mine home on fri the 23rd,, didnt look again until the 28th when I paid and signed up for my tie down...
need to see her again soon and at least buy some gas,, planning to fly 45 mins to AWO, Arlington for a flyin this weekend..
and 2 weeks after is Airventure,,, Will I really go??? been wanting tooo for 45 years,,, do I have any excuse???

We Own Airplanes!!!!!

yours wins for beauty,,,,
mine is named Camouflage.....

Pins and needles for the last two days watching the ferry pilot trek 1700 miles finally ended.

by the way HUGE shout out to @LDJones for offering to do the Ferry flight.
Timing didn't work out on my side but it was very generous and I greatly appreciate the offer.

At any rate, I got to fly my plane and take @Mrs. SixPapaCharlie up as 1st passenger.

19601146_10212167942048018_4586385352877007436_n.jpg

19665149_10212167942568031_163046470450346576_n.jpg

19665178_10212167941568006_6523952427102267293_n.jpg

19702344_10213537795786191_2939594677780832762_n.jpg

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats once again Bryan!
We will look forward to a whole new video mini-series.
Are you bringing 'em to OSH (the plane and the family)?

P.S. Isn't this reason enough for a new avatar?

I look forward to your smiling face telling us all about your first flights!!
I have happiness in my heart at this momentous time...
Soooo Monday,, tomorrow is the big time for you now,,, tell us everything!!!!
We are both new to this plane thing,, we are some wild and crazy guys!!!
I brung mine home on fri the 23rd,, didnt look again until the 28th when I paid and signed up for my tie down...
need to see her again soon and at least buy some gas,, planning to fly 45 mins to AWO, Arlington for a flyin this weekend..
and 2 weeks after is Airventure,,, Will I really go??? been wanting tooo for 45 years,,, do I have any excuse???

We Own Airplanes!!!!!

yours wins for beauty,,,,
mine is named Camouflage.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No, you don't have any excuse not to fly your own plane to OSH.;)

Congrats once again Bryan!
We will look forward to a whole new video mini-series.
Are you bringing 'em to OSH (the plane and the family)?

P.S. Isn't this reason enough for a new avatar?
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No, you don't have any excuse not to fly your own plane to OSH.;)

Except I won't be in the country.

HAHAHAHA

Nah, taking my family on a cruise.

I will do my best to make 6Y9, Sun n Fun, and Gastons is a done deal.
OSH next year.

Great pics.
Congratulations on owning an AA!

Cute kids - do be careful tho, the Al right where they're sitting is quite thin. More than one Grumman owner has dented that area simply by leaning into the cockpit from the ground.

Have fun flying her!

Not sure what happened there. Bryan has the new plane owner smile (you can see the tear in his eye) but somehow Eren has an RV grin. Were you guys doing zoom climbs?

Oh yeah, still jealous. That is a sweet looking plane.

I hope you enjoy your Grumman for as long as I have enjoyed mine, had it for forty years and think it is the nicest flying aircraft ever!

Back