My Girlfriends First Flight (w/video)

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Today my GF April, took her first instructed flight. She is offically a student pilot now. She has close to 150 hours right seat with me, although not counted, those hours did seem to help her with her first flight left seat. The instructor actually let her land on her first attempt. He coached her telling her to level off, then hold it...She did great!!
I am so proud of her. Here is a video of her first lesson. WTG April!

Video Here

wow - give her my congrats Michael! looks like she had fun! That smile at the end is priceless.

Who taught her to hold the CL like that? Wasn't you, was it? And I see she hit darn near every pot hole on the way down final--you did exercise your rights as backseat driver on that, right?

Actually, that was a great vid and I'm sure she'll make a great pilot. What more could you ask?

A whole lot better than my first landing. Looks like she's hooked!

Very nice! Please give her our congratulations :cheers:

Michael said:
Today my GF April, took her first instructed flight. She is offically a student pilot now. She has close to 150 hours right seat with me, although not counted, those hours did seem to help her with her first flight left seat. The instructor actually let her land on her first attempt. He coached her telling her to level off, then hold it...She did great!!
I am so proud of her. Here is a video of her first lesson. WTG April!

Video Here

How could you do that? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You let your girlfriend...fly...a high wing:hairraise: :p

Great Video!

Congratulations April!

Terry

:D

Very cool! Tell her congrats!
BTW, get thee down to radio shack for a cheap little lavalier or lapel mic for your video camera, pop that little sucker in your headseat earcup and you can capture the audio portion of the flight as well, minus engine noise.

Richard said:
Who taught her to hold the CL like that? Wasn't you, was it?

LOL, definately wasnt me, Richard.

Henning said:
How could you do that? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You let your girlfriend...fly...a high wing:hairraise: :p

It was either a high wing or my Mooney. :hairraise:

After she gets her PPL i MIGHT let her sit left seat :)

Michael said:
Today my GF April, took her first instructed flight. She is offically a student pilot now.

Yee haa, very nice! Give my congrats to her...good job!

Ahh Michael Henning beat me to it!!! My response was going to be ACK you let her in a highwing I thought you were going to teacher her to fly. Sigh a bit slow on the draw I was. However you showed excellent pilot decision making in having her take lessons in ANY plane that wasn't yours LOL. congrats to her an you

I need to get me one of them thar video recoder thing-a-me-bobs

Great video - Compliments to your girlfriend :)

Good going! You warned her in advance about the left turning tendencies and the trees didn't you? LOL Just kidding Michael.;)

Back