My friend died in a fiery plane crash

I'm so sorry to hear that, I will pray for your friend tonight. :( This is the risk we all take as pilots.

I'm so sorry to hear that. There's a special place for those who perish trying to help others, as your friend and the nurse did.

That is a tough one to take for all concerned.
Prayers go out for everyone involved.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. You and your friends will be in my prayers.

Here is the last email I recieved from Maureen...it was right before I took my checkride:

Quote:
"Hi Brook,I was just thinking about you when I got an email from Kendra.GOOD LUCK if it isn't too late to wish it. I'm not on email muchanymore, I get on about once every two weeks, so sorry for thelate reply.I have a new twin Cessna job, slightly bigger than the Cessna 310 I was flying for cargo. These are 8 seaters, not six, and they're pressurized.They are a C-340 and a C-414. I'm flying fixed wing air ambulance andhave relocated to Morgantown WV with my husband and daughter. I'm stillPIC because it is a single pilot operation. (My single pilot cargo time hasreally preparedme for this.) I travel with a nurse or medic on our staff and we go anywhere onthe easternside of the US to pick up a patient and take them where they need to go. IthinkI landed in every state east of the Mississippi since I started a couple monthsago.We go into every kind of airport, and I love that. Everything from non-toweredout in the sticks to DC ADIZ to Newark, etc. Two days ago I flew fromFort Lauderdale (where we overnighted from previous day's drop-off) to Portland,Mainewith stops in Sumpter,SC (fuel), Baltimore (KBWI) (pick-up and fuel), WilkesBarre, PA (KAVP) (fuel), Maine (KPWM)(drop-off). I usually fly about 5 or 6 hours perday. The company has a King Air and I hope to be worked into it within the year. Thatplane isa two pilot operation, so I'd be the right seat. I am really glad you have finished the Private. Are you going on to Instrument?Best wishes and "a job well done!!"Maureen"

Brook, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Far too many accidents over the holidays...very sad. :(

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers for you, Maureen, Diane, and everyone's families.

Brook, I'm so sorry. She sounds like she was a wonderful person, a good friend, and someone who was pretty proud of you. My sympathies to you and her family.

Wow, what can one say? It suxs to loose another pilot specially one that was doing such a job.

Sorry Brook.

Missa

Very sad....sorry, Brook.....

So sorry for you, and for your friend's family.

If I may ask, she was not by any chance from Long Island, NY, originally, and in her 40s, was she? I once knew a Maureen Mcgee.

OMG. That is awful. Sorry to hear that Brook.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Brook. It's never easy to hear about a crash, and it's even worse when you hear about losing a friend.

I'm afraid it won't help much but condolences. Were you close to the family, i.e. husband and daughter?

I'm so sorry, Brook. I know what it is like to lose a good friend.

Time will heal. We have to get over the pain, but never forget. We have to try to remember the good times.

We'll be praying for you and her family.

Damn...I have spent a decent amount of time in Morgantown, it would be have been nice to have met her.

Brook - our family's prayers for comfort and peace for you and all of Maureen's family and friends.

I am also very sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like a neat person.

Brooke so sorry to hear about your friend. Something like this is tough and certainly a shock. Think of her wispering in your ear when ever you fly.
Johnstown Cambira County KJST is not near Pottstown but actually in the Southwest section on the Commonwealth. Its only about 60-65 miles from Morgantown. A real ice factory in the winter and spring. Her email to you really suggested that she was loving what she was doing. I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers . Again please accept my sympathies.

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Brook. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

OMG! Brook..I'm so sorry about your friend. Not much any of us can say to heal the pain of losing a good friend. Like Adam says, just think of her as you fly, and know that she flies with you.

Wow, that just sucks. I'm so sorry to hear of this.

Thank you everyone.

Spike...I know she has family in Michigan, and that she lived there before moving to WV.

A true loss as she really seemed to enjoy and put a human face to aviation.
Sorry to hear Brook.

Brook,

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Maureen. Mary and I will keep you and her family in our thoughts and prayers.

It sounded like she really enjoyed the new job after shedding that freight dog work......be happy that she enjoyed what she did and that she shared that excitement with you. Keep her in your thoughts and she will always stay close to your heart.

Gary and Mary

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, as well as the flight nurse.

Brook--

I wish I could offer words of comfort, but words are just not sufficient right now. I pray that both you and Maureen's family will find comfort in due time and will allow it to flow over you, as well as all those who lost loved ones this past week.

It was a difficult week for pilots.

Grace and peace,

Jim

So very sad to hear the news, Brook. Hugs to you and her family, and that of the flight nurse. It's always harder when it's somebody we know, and seems even MORE difficult when they are such a giving and caring person, as she obviously was, using her skills to help others. How'd you come to meet such a wonderful person and have her as a friend?

I met her at the women in aviaton convention 11/04. We were at a 1st night welcome party after the tour of Delta Flight Ops. Im somewhat kind of shy when it comes to big groups but she came over grabed my hand and made me dance. It was so much fun.

My good friend Kendra and I were going to ask her if she wanted to go to ACK for a weekend this summer. Sadly now...that isn't going to happen. She will be with us in spirit however.

She will be missed.

Back