My Flying Club quest

Ultrabuzzard

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ultrabuzzard
Well, I have a total of 17 people including myself interested in a flying club at 52F. I expect to have all my ducks in a row with the plane and insurance estimates, and I will soon be arranging a meeting to present the plan. It's kinda exciting that I have gotten to this point. Wish your ole' buddy UB luck!

Well, I have a total of 17 people including myself interested in a flying club at 52F. I expect to have all my ducks in a row with the plane and insurance estimates, and I will soon be arranging a meeting to present the plan. It's kinda exciting that I have gotten to this point. Wish your ole' buddy UB luck!
Sounds exciting! How many planes do you think you will need for 17 people?

Good on you for putting it together. When you done please let us know the specifics of how you did it.

Sounds exciting! How many planes do you think you will need for 17 people?

The club I belong to has 50 members (capped at that) and 4 planes. In 9 years I've been unable to get something to fly exactly once. So, 1 for 17 members might work.

Well, folks, I have finally got everying together that I can think of and scheduled a meeting at 52F in the Blue Hangar Cafe. Pretty neat deal, I was able to reserve the whole cafe for an hour with an open soda fountain and coffee pot. Meeting is on the 17th at 6 pm.

Well, folks, I have finally got everying together that I can think of and scheduled a meeting at 52F in the Blue Hangar Cafe. Pretty neat deal, I was able to reserve the whole cafe for an hour with an open soda fountain and coffee pot. Meeting is on the 17th at 6 pm.

I'll be in Seattle visiting my cousin I haven't seen in 20+ years... have fun! Please share via email what you all come up with.

We had our meeting at the Blue Hangar cafe, and had a very good turnout. Lots of good input (and good chicken nuggets). The consensus is that this business model can work if everyone is flexible and we have the right number of active pilots. I will be providing feedback and questions to the leasing company on the lease. Onward and upward!

What/who is providing a leased aircraft for this venture? I'm suspicious of them.

We had our meeting at the Blue Hangar cafe, and had a very good turnout. Lots of good input (and good chicken nuggets). The consensus is that this business model can work if everyone is flexible and we have the right number of active pilots. I will be providing feedback and questions to the leasing company on the lease. Onward and upward!

You found a company that leases aircraft like auto manufacuters lease cars? I'd love to hear about that I have never heard of such a thing. I had always thought that clubs for the most part owned the aircraft.

There are a couple of outfits around the country that lease. This one leases to Flight Schools mainly.

You found a company that leases aircraft like auto manufacuters lease cars? I'd love to hear about that I have never heard of such a thing. I had always thought that clubs for the most part owned the aircraft.

Back