My first class B

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
Finally got my ticket wet. Tuesday from KBHM to KBTR. Had done that trip before so no big deal other then some nasty weather and a free plane wash. But the second leg of my trip was today from KBTR to KMEM. Got another free wash departing KBTR but the highlight of the trip was my first Class Bravo experience. I cannot believe how smooth everything went. The controllers were awesome and I could hardly tell any difference between the class B and the class Cs that I typically fly other then the 10 or so heavies using the left runway. It was fun watching them pass me and descend from above to below me with little effort. Other then bouncing my first landing in a long long long long time, was one of my favorite trips.

7154ae336a7bfbdfc9ce84b63f410466.jpg

I've been on one or two flights where the destination had parallel runways, both active.

Kinda cool to have another GA aircraft mirror you "in formation" as you both motor down the glideslope.

I flew through my first B on Monday(Chicago)... IFR makes it easy.

As long as you are on your game it's like every other airport. Glad you had fun!

When I first got my ticket Class B seemed like a big thing. Once you do it once or twice you come to realize it's easy. Fast-forward to now and I will typically land at a large airport opposed to small as you simply get better services. The last bravo was KCLT and I was a bit anxious about it - but smooth as could be. Just watch out for wake turbulence.

Finally got my ticket wet. Tuesday from KBHM to KBTR. Had done that trip before so no big deal other then some nasty weather and a free plane wash. But the second leg of my trip was today from KBTR to KMEM. Got another free wash departing KBTR but the highlight of the trip was my first Class Bravo experience. I cannot believe how smooth everything went. The controllers were awesome and I could hardly tell any difference between the class B and the class Cs that I typically fly other then the 10 or so heavies using the left runway. It was fun watching them pass me and descend from above to below me with little effort. Other then bouncing my first landing in a long long long long time, was one of my favorite trips.

7154ae336a7bfbdfc9ce84b63f410466.jpg

Did you see Elvis? :D

Ooh they must have been throw anyways for sure! :eek:

Congratulations on this accomplishment, Mulligan. Living and flying in and under the MEM Class B, I think Memphis controllers are the best in the country! Great people, everyone.

Back