My First Bird Strike

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
100' in a Aerostar 90,000cu ft Hot Air Balloon 5 small birds came into the basket chased by a hawk that was circleing the balloon looking for lunch. One bird flew up into the balloon un noticed till we hit the burner not good.

100' in a Aerostar 90,000cu ft Hot Air Balloon 5 small birds came into the basket chased by a hawk that was circleing the balloon looking for lunch. One bird flew up into the balloon un noticed till we hit the burner not good.

I'll bet that took his breath away.

I've split one damn near in half on a t/o run, F'n birds.

Should give some good ol' boys some bud light and some 12g shells and have then go to town on these birds at our home drome!

Did the burnt bird fall back on ya?
Yes, when we hit the burner the bird fell out of the top of the balloon and on to the floor of the basket. Since the air was warmer than the outside the density altitude change of the burner probably caused loss of lift of the bird and unable to maintain altitude for the bird. The flame charded bird may have had some effect on him also.

Maybe you should carry a 12 gauge, and shoot all the birds that get in the envelope.

Maybe you should carry a 12 gauge, and shoot all the birds that get in the envelope.
Not sure after they get through with gun control I will have one to do that. I think they might evean try to take my bow and arrows away.

I've split one damn near in half on a t/o run, F'n birds.

Should give some good ol' boys some bud light and some 12g shells and have then go to town on these birds at our home drome!

To steal from the thread on John Pinette... I say, Nay Nay!

Shells first, only if you get the birds, Bud Light later. No mixing alcohol and firearms.

Back