My Checkride today....

dcotton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don
This morning, the morning of my Checkride, I woke up at 3:00. This left me with 4 hours until leaving for the airport. I read over a few notes, but as other suggested, did not try to cram. Instead, got up and had a quiet morning and went over my Cross Country plans.

My CI and I flew up the coast to the airport, KLMB, which was about a 45 minute plane ride.

The Oral was actually much easier than I anticipated, I guess I really did prepare enough. My examiner wants me to learn a bit more about aeromedical related signs, but other than that, no problems.

The flight was solid as well. Very turbulent and a few times I felt as if I had two left hands in the cockpit. I got the feeling these examiners see alot worse and she seemed nonplussed by my little organizational challenges.

Anyway, it all went well, although of course my last landing, a short field was the worst landing I ever made lol. She told me that her asking me to throttle back was not appropriate and that she deemed that hard landing, her fault.

Back the FBO and a pass!!

I am so relieved and excited. I flew my CI to a restaurant, bought him a cold one and then flew him home.

Thank you all for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

don

"The Oral was actually much easier than I anticipated, I guess I really did prepare enough. My examiner wants me to learn a bit more about aeromedical related signs..."

Signs of what?

And congrats, pilot!!!

"The Oral was actually much easier than I anticipated, I guess I really did prepare enough. My examiner wants me to learn a bit more about aeromedical related signs..."

Signs of what?

And congrats, pilot!!!

Like what to look for in a passenger to see if they are suffering from anything. I think in part because I asked her about my wife and how to help her with her motion sickness, it caused an in depth conversation.

it caused an in depth conversation.

So you did learn something about check rides :D :yes: :D

Like Ron Levy's pencil description, stick to the direct questions and direct answers. Don't add unless you like digging holes or knotting your own noose.

I like what one pilot told me once...

"Go commit some aviation"

Congrats,now go out and fly,have some fun.

Back