Must live within 100 miles

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
For fun I was reading through some pilot job requirements. One said you must live within 100 miles of base. This outfit has an 8 on and 6 off schedule. Other than them worrying about you showing up on time, why do they care how close you are to base?

Looks like in this particular case day 1 call is 4am. Maybe that's why.

Someone should reply, note that they live only 90 miles away, but add a little * note that their electric Vespa has a top speed of 30 mph.

I think they might figure that you'd be about 2 hours away, depending....

There are work days where you are given Home Standby in which case they plan on you being at the airport within 2 hours of being called.

The UN requires staff to stay within 32 km (IIRC) of their duty stations even when approved for telecommuting. (Fortunately, I'm just on a long-term consultant contract, so I'm free to work remotely from home in Ottawa.)

The world is full of strange rules that might have made sense once.

There are work days where you are given Home Standby in which case they plan on you being at the airport within 2 hours of being called.
No problem. Just have to hang out at the hangar all day and ready to launch. I'd be at Midway in 45 minutes. :D

What I'd really end up doing is using my parents' address in Chicago as my home address and hang out at their house when on call.

Btw, this is just day dreaming.

Back