Music and the GMA340

Ronnie Godfrey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ronnie Godfrey
My airplane is equipped with a GMA340, and I’ve read that one can run a 3.5 mm audio input for music. Is this something an owner can do, or does,it need to be done by a shop? If I am allowed to do it, can anyone offer a little insight? Thanks!

If it's a certificated aircraft I'd take it to a shop.

Probably my only gripe about the 340 is that there is not a face mounted music or aux jack. My Music1 is fed from a 696 so I have XM radio available. I didn't install a music2 jack... yet.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll call around to a couple of shops and see if someone can make this happen for me. Long flights are so much better with a little tunage.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll call around to a couple of shops and see if someone can make this happen for me. Long flights are so much better with a little tunage.

There are headsets that can bluetooth to a music source and still be connected to aircraft radios. Just throwing it out there as an option. All the airplanes I fly have a jack on the panel or bluetooth in the audio panel.

You could probably swap audio panels to a PS Engineering with bluetooth and aviod additional wiring expesnses. They have many options that will work with your currect rack and wiring. Depending on how much they wanna charge for just adding a jack maybe you might wish to swap audio panels.

Easy to add. Very easy in fact. Couple wires and a jack.

My Arrow had a jack wired to the GMA340. First thing I changed after the purchased, I replaced the -340 with a PS8000BT with a front mounted jack and Bluetooth. Took 10 minutes. Sold the -340. As bnt83 suggested a PS 8000 is a drop in swap. Way better audio panel.

GLMS, can you offer some insight on how to add those wires and jack? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I don't want to break anything in the process! I called the local avionics shop and they said it'd be in the neighborhood of $200 to add it in.

Back