Multi engine Instructor

RotorAndWing

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Rotor&Wing
Friend of mine asked me if I knew of a good place to get an Multi Engine Instructor rating added to his CFI. He's a high time pilot (ATP, 12,000+ hours) and is looking for a 2 day course somewhere.

All ATP's use to give this kind of course but dropped it.

Anyone have a suggestion?

If the west coast in more convenient, I can do it in my Twin Comanche. I have given a few MEI ratings over the years. kristin_winter at com cast dot net.

I've been thinking of getting my MEI at traverseair.com but how do you plan around the weather for just 2-3 days? It seems like whenever I check the weather there it's BKN020 or something.

I've been thinking of getting my MEI at traverseair.com but how do you plan around the weather for just 2-3 days? It seems like whenever I check the weather there it's BKN020 or something.

I've always wondered that too. It seems like your best bet would either be training locally where a weather delay wouldn't be as critical or finding a school in the southwest where VFR weather is guaranteed 99% of the year.

2000 feet is enough to get stuff done.

Despite potentially crappy weather, Tom manages to be booked out for a good two months in advance, so he must have a formula that takes weather into account.

Heard good things about Traverse Air.

Back