Multi engine CFI

mapasha

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N1915W
Looking for a CFI and/or school to do an accelerated multi rating with.

Called a few and they are months out before an opening is available.
Looking to do Private MEL. No commercial or instrument.
I am in Iowa but depending on what/who is available I am willing to travel.
I have family in the Dallas area so besides Iowa and surrounding area, that would be my next choice.

Thanks.

I would wait till July for Tom Brady, that guy is first class.

If you have the time I'd wait for Tom. He's a class act and runs a great operation. PM for any questions.

Last edited:
Let me start off with, I hate APT inc

That said, not many schools can make having a multi on the line make sense.

A multi add on should not need to be accelerated, it's a weekend course.

This is the one thing ATP Inc is useful for, getting multi ratings done.

As I'm typing this I just barfed a little in my mouth, but look up your nearest ATP Inc store and get your multi done.

Let me start off with, I hate APT inc

That said, not many schools can make having a multi on the line make sense.

A multi add on should not need to be accelerated, it's a weekend course.

This is the one thing ATP Inc is useful for, getting multi ratings done.

As I'm typing this I just barfed a little in my mouth, but look up your nearest ATP Inc store and get your multi done.
Just out of curiosity, why do you hate them so much?

I only know 3 ATP CFI graduates personally and they are all outstanding pilots and instructors. They all speak positively of their experience with ATP.

Out of curiosity why are you adding a VFR only Multi rating?

Just out of curiosity, why do you hate them so much?

I only know 3 ATP CFI graduates personally and they are all outstanding pilots and instructors. They all speak positively of their experience with ATP.
The two that I've flown with were scary. There are good ones and bad ones.

The two that I've flown with were scary. There are good ones and bad ones.
Of course, but that can be said for many flight schools.

The impression I have gotten from talking to actual ATP grads is that is is what you make it. They aren't going to take crap pilots and make them Bob Hoover.....but then, there aren't many mom and pop flight schools that can do that either.

Of course, but that can be said for many flight schools.

The impression I have gotten from talking to actual ATP grads is that is is what you make it. They aren't going to take crap pilots and make them Bob Hoover.....but then, there aren't many mom and pop flight schools that can do that either.
Exactly.

If you have the time I'd wait for Tom. He's a class act and runs a great operation. PM for any questions.

I asked him to put me on his waiting list. Just seeing what else is out there in the meantime.

Out of curiosity why are you adding a VFR only Multi rating?

Because I am a VFR pilot who now owns a Cessna 310!!!! Working on my IFR and Commercial but that is a ways away.

Mike Hardin, Mike's Flying Service, KTRL, just East of the DFW Bravo. Great pilot, really solid chops. Cell +1 (903) 253-2539

You could check with Denny at Air-D in Backus, MN. http://www.flyaird.com/ His website's not much to look at, but the training was good when I did my commercial multi with him 13 years ago. I've had no contact since, so I can't speak of the current quality or availability.

Mike Hardin, Mike's Flying Service, KTRL, just East of the DFW Bravo. Great pilot, really solid chops. Cell +1 (903) 253-2539

Left him a voicemail yesterday. Waiting to hear back.

Because I am a VFR pilot who now owns a Cessna 310!!!! Working on my IFR and Commercial but that is a ways away.

You have your own airplane? That opens things up quite a bit. It shouldn't be too hard to find a MEI with 310 experience.

You have your own airplane? That opens things up quite a bit. It shouldn't be too hard to find a MEI with 310 experience.

Yep sold the Six and bought a 310. I thought it should be easy too but it seems they are ALL booked up everywhere. Still looking .....

If I were current I'd do it. Taught in 310s back in the 80s but haven't done so since.

Did you try rocky mtn flight in denver?
I think they have a 310 they train in, amongst other twins.

If I were current I'd do it. Taught in 310s back in the 80s but haven't done so since.

I have a similar thing here. The guy I would love to train with is retired, no medical (temporarily) due to surgery BUT has flown every model 310 ever and has over 2000 hrs in them in type. Also happens to have every other rating in the world and trained my CFI when I was working on my ppl.

I have a similar thing here. The guy I would love to train with is retired, no medical (temporarily) due to surgery BUT has flown every model 310 ever and has over 2000 hrs in them in type. Also happens to have every other rating in the world and trained my CFI when I was working on my ppl.

I meant I wasn't current in the 310 and ME training. Good luck on your training and MEI search. You'll find someone.

Back