MSA at KBUF

Dug in a bit more, and looks like GB is the LOM on the rwy 05 approach. Find it odd they would use a nav location not on that particular plate. On another note, the missed approach fix is in Canada. Am I OK to just fly over there, or would I need anything in particular?

Here’s the Jepp chart. It shows the outer maker

Ob9zOa0.png

I don't know why, but I really dislike Jeppesen plates. Almost like they jam too much info on them.

The question is academic...the MSA is for use in emergencies only and plays no part in the approach procedure. IOW, who cares?

Bob Gardner

It was academic indeed. Is an airport for my xc for my checkride and wanted to have all bases covered. Turns out I think I overstudied just a tad.

It was academic indeed. Is an airport for my xc for my checkride and wanted to have all bases covered. Turns out I think I overstudied just a tad.
It's worth mentioning that MSAs are operational altitudes in many countries. It pays to know that before flying in a particular country.

I don't know why, but I really dislike Jeppesen plates. Almost like they jam too much info on them.

I feel the same way about the FAA charts. All what you’re used to.

Back