Move over Icon, there's a new toy in town-

Can you just imagine the usual commute traffic maniac with one of these things? The outages from hitting power poles and mayhem striking overpasses, trees, and buildings?

Just wait until a gusty cross wind day.

Oh yes. The whole "commute by drone" has a lot of kinks to work out and likely not the utopia proponents imagine it. If anyone buys this machine thinking they will commute with it, they are in for a rude awakening due to their own lack of due diligence.

I do believe that eventually people will commute by air someday, but not until electrical energy storage becomes much, much more energy dense, not until there is a huge revision in ATC and the regs, not until there is full autonomous operation with the passengers having no input and not until the machines become more powerful and all weather capable. Even then, it is not clear if air taxis, or shuttles will actually make commuting easier, or just create another commute nightmare in the sky. Sure, it's great if there are just ten people using the system, but what about thousands?

I spoke to a sales rep and he said so far there are 10 that has been delivered to customers.
There used to be 12...
How do we know it's not- there used to be 10, now there are 8?

Wasn’t one of the crashes a company plane? So probably 10 delivered to customers and one customer hull loss (famous jock) which would leave 9. Or am I missing some additional info?

Strange though that they are doing this new share program to entice customers if they had tons of orders to fill and so far only delivered 10 or so. Are a lot of people with paid deposits backing out?

Back