Motorola Droid in the Plane

Ah ha! Manual, and not that bright, to boot. Thanks. There's no end of things to learn about this toy.

Just found this forum... looks great. Also, just converted from iPhone to Droid X... I love my Droid!! ... and no dropped calls.

For the Air Wx app users, is the $4.99 a one time, or subscription? Can you call the AWOS from the App directly?

Thanks.

Ed, is that a Comanche in your pic?

For the Air Wx app users, is the $4.99 a one time, or subscription? Can you call the AWOS from the App directly?

Welcome to POA! The answer to your questions are that the $4.99 is a one-time fee, and yes, you can call the AWOS directly from the app. While viewing any airport, hit the menu (context) key, and "Add/Remove from Favorites", "Call AWOS" and "NOTAMS" are available buttons. Not sure why NOTAMS is a context menu item, as that data is already on a NOTAM tab for the airport. :dunno:

Just found this forum... looks great. Also, just converted from iPhone to Droid X... I love my Droid!! ... and no dropped calls.

Thanks.
One time and yes.

btw, if you haven't yet, take a look at RMaps. It's a free app that does maps and charts, including sectionals and en-route I haven't looked to confirm currency, but it definitely works in the cockpit.

Back