Motorcycle Radio

In 2003 they really quieted the engine down with the common rail direct injection. Your 24-valve '01 is the loudest generation of that engine by far. They were stupidly loud from the factory, and only got louder when modified as you did. ;)

Technically I didn't mod it, the former owner did. I just upped the injector size a tiny bit and had the turbo re-rigged properly and studded the head after I blew up the head gasket. LOL.

Honest question: Who watches the Fast and Furious movies? I don't. But they're up to like twelve of them. What demographic is that?

I watched the first one (back when it was new) and liked that. I was also in high school then. But I had many complaints with the complete lack of accuracy.

I think it's mostly kids who like the glamorization of fast, but don't want to actually do it themselves. A lot of kids are gamers and so they want to play video games rather than do the real thing. I view that as a big change and perhaps one of the negatives of video games, people become less inclined to do the real thing.

I watched the first one (back when it was new) and liked that. I was also in high school then. But I had many complaints with the complete lack of accuracy.

I think it's mostly kids who like the glamorization of fast, but don't want to actually do it themselves. A lot of kids are gamers and so they want to play video games rather than do the real thing. I view that as a big change and perhaps one of the negatives of video games, people become less inclined to do the real thing.

Interesting. You might be right. There's gamers at work who speak of their gaming weekends like they actually accomplished something.

Lol, I used to marvel at how they would portray a burst of extra speed gained during a drag race by downshifting, lol. Must have had 10-spd transmissions in some of those cars as many times as they showed them shifting!

Interesting. You might be right. There's gamers at work who speak of their gaming weekends like they actually accomplished something.

My mom didn't let me have video games when I was a kid, but that had some wiggle room. When I was 9 or so a friend gave me his Nintendo after his parents got him a Super Nintendo so I did have that for a bit. I gave it back to said friend after a year or two. I was limited to 30 minutes a day, 1 hour on weekends. In high school I bought a PlayStation (the original) and I played that, but again not more than 30-60 minutes a day in general. So, limits, and it worked out.

Of course, I never got very good at games, and by the time I got old enough to decide what to do with my time, after basically getting couped up for my entire life I decided to do, well, everything. Hence my life since then. :)

We basically take a similar tactic with our kids. Limited screen time. Yeah, we've watched Frozen 5,000 times (LET IT GO ALREADY!) but our kids are spending most of their time outside riding their bikes, playing on the swing set and sandbox, getting bruised and scraped up like kids should be doing when they're out playing. They don't even know that video game systems exist. Yes, they have a couple of games that we'll let them play (again, short periods) on the iPad, but again, limited time.

My hope is that our kids grow up doing and that as adults they do. The way the world is going, that seems to be becoming a rarer and rarer thing.

Lol, I used to marvel at how they would portray a burst of extra speed gained during a drag race by downshifting, lol. Must have had 10-spd transmissions in some of those cars as many times as they showed them shifting!

I think I counted 18 speed in the Eclipse at the beginning of the first movie.

Back