Most scenic strip in Washington, Tieton.

Just a note,, Old guys like me can't understand what you are saying behind the music. it simply over powers you.

Beautiful video.

Last edited:
Just a note,, Old guys like me can't understand what you are saying behind the music. it simply over powers you.

Beautiful video.

It’s “ducked” like it should be (volume of the music lowers during talking) but not quite enough.

They can probably adjust that on future videos. Needs a couple more dB down on the ducking filter when they merge the audio tracks.

OK, that's on my list, if not for September then next year. I've never done a landing off asphalt, but I'm pretty good at short and tight (have been in and out of 30x1800, though that felt tight)

OK, that's on my list, if not for September then next year. I've never done a landing off asphalt, but I'm pretty good at short and tight (have been in and out of 30x1800, though that felt tight)

Its not difficult as a first backcountry strip if you do a straight in from the lake, go early when there is no wind, and do a fly by at altitude first to check for animals, beautiful place.

Its not difficult as a first backcountry strip if you do a straight in from the lake, go early when there is no wind, and do a fly by at altitude first to check for animals, beautiful place.
Thanks, I fly out of Renton, so it looks like an easy flight with the family to go hike/fish/have lunch and fly home in a day.

Well, this thread inspired us. I did my first grass strip at Tieton and we put our toes in the water on our way back from Walla Walla yesterday. We also got to report a net new hotspot we saw on our way in and hopefully prevented it from becoming a larger fire.

Well, this thread inspired us. I did my first grass strip at Tieton and we put our toes in the water on our way back from Walla Walla yesterday. We also got to report a net new hotspot we saw on our way in and hopefully prevented it from becoming a larger fire.

What did you fly?

What did you fly?
The club 182, relatively lightly loaded, though it was the whole family plus some light bags. DA was 5,000 feet so I did a max performance, leaned takeoff to give myself max margins. the 2600' runway also runs downhill and then over the lake. I had burned off 40 gallons of fuel and we weren't at gross when we started. She did OK (we were airborne in plenty of time), but I wouldn't have triedit in our 172 at gross. It was a good first experiment, but I would have enjoyed another 270 HP like you have.

the POH said I needed about 1,000 feet. Climbout after takeoff took several miles and she wasn't too happy to go over 9/10k feet (80 degree surface temp at 3,000 feet)

Back