Most amazing flight OF YOUR LIFE ??

Those are some stunning images. Thanks for sharing them.

Glad to. I truly feel privileged to have been able to go on that trip. In typical Dave fashion though it was chasing after a girl - didn't get the girl but I did get a really cool experience.

Glad to. I truly feel privileged to have been able to go on that trip. In typical Dave fashion though it was chasing after a girl - didn't get the girl but I did get a really cool experience.

Who needs the girl when you've got those pictures?

I don't know what my favorite flight is. Maybe the first solo flight after my PPL. At that point I was 20hrs post-PPL and I had spent hose 20 hours getting checked out in my airplane. It was awesome to finally use my PPL privileges, to fly on my own term and on my own accord. I hope the same after I'm done with teh instrument rating.

Well, I guess I am forced into revealing just how relatively boring my flight experience has been.

My most memorable GA flight was about my second hour in a Champ about 23 years ago. The instructor took me to the river and told me to just follow the river. It was nothing but an exercise to try to get the feel of the plane.

I don't remember how high we were, but there were zillions of Snow Geese flying a comfortable distance underneath us. There is a Snow Geese Refuge not far from where we live and we accidentally were in the right place at the right time.

I have no pictures or videos to share, but I have that video etched in my mind. I just wish I could share it.

Roughly about the same time, I had my most dramatic view from a commercial flight. I was in a left window seat coming out of Seattle. The pilot was still climbing out as I recall and he came on the PA saying something like "for those of you on the left side of the aircraft I am about to fill your window with Mt. Ranier." He went up to a level slightly higher than the peak and began a banking turn that kept the wing pointed at the peak. We weren't too far from the mountain and the view was nothing short of spectacular with the snow and everything. As he leveled off and assumed his course, he came back on the PA and said something like "I've been flying out of Seattle for 23 years and have never seen so much snow on Mt. Ranier."

Again, no pictures or videos to share, but thankfully I have the video in my mind.

GA: I flew my Cherokee 140 from Long Beach, CA to Burlington, VT. Four days of low flying across the country letting the weather guide me and having fun every minute.

Airline: Split between my first flight in the DC-8 and the first flight in a 747. I had just finished sim training and had to go out and do 3 take offs and landings in the 8. The biggest thing I had flown was a Metroliner. Since I went last, I got to fly from Dade Collier back to Miami. I remember having to pull way back on the throttles to stay below 250. I checked out a year ago as a captain on the 747. I had become fairly jaded flying the DC-10 and MD-11. The first time I strapped into the 747, I did pause for a moment thinking how cool this is.

GA: I flew my Cherokee 140 from Long Beach, CA to Burlington, VT. Four days of low flying across the country letting the weather guide me and having fun every minute.

Airline: Split between my first flight in the DC-8 and the first flight in a 747. I had just finished sim training and had to go out and do 3 take offs and landings in the 8. The biggest thing I had flown was a Metroliner. Since I went last, I got to fly from Dade Collier back to Miami. I remember having to pull way back on the throttles to stay below 250. I checked out a year ago as a captain on the 747. I had become fairly jaded flying the DC-10 and MD-11. The first time I strapped into the 747, I did pause for a moment thinking how cool this is.

Now,,, If they could only base the 747 out of X04.. your commute time would be 18 minutes..:yes:;)

Back