MOSAIC rule to be published on 7/24

That’s not even close to an accurate representation of my thoughts that you replied to. Figures.
Ryan,

APOLOGIES FOR WHAT I POSTED. I TRIED TO START A PM CONVERSATION, BUT INITIATED CHAT INSTEAD. Please clarify what you meant, whether it is for the first time, or a duplicate.

Last edited:
Ryan,

APOLOGIES FOR WHAT I POSTED. I TRIED TO START A PM CONVERSATION, BUT INITIATED CHAT INSTEAD. Please clarify what you meant, whether it is for the first time, or a duplicate.
I've been working on a draft reply, but I spent 8+ hours in a plane today and I'm going over photos and I'm not happy with what I've written yet because I want it to be meaningful, and accurate. When I'm happy with it, I'll post it, rest assured. This board comes pretty far down the priority list when it comes to longer posts.

I've been working on a draft reply, but I spent 8+ hours in a plane today and I'm going over photos and I'm not happy with what I've written yet because I want it to be meaningful, and accurate. When I'm happy with it, I'll post it, rest assured. This board comes pretty far down the priority list when it comes to longer posts.
I get that. As long as you intend to elaborate when you get the opportunity, I don't see that I have any reason to worry about it right now.

Question - has anyone started compiling a list of aircraft that might qualify based on the current language? Looking and can’t find one.

Question - has anyone started compiling a list of aircraft that might qualify based on the current language? Looking and can’t find one.
I'm looking at a Fusion 212, a Sparker and Peligrin Tarragon... if the Fusion had a 915is in it, I'd buy it tomorrow. All of these will do near 200 kts, with acceptable stall speeds as defined. Personally, I think Rotax has an advantage over others. Most all Cessna's except for the 182's will likely be included "before" the dust settles. Having said that, I have zero interest in a Cessna, Piper or Mooney.

Ok I see here the only 182 that have stall speed slow enough is A-D. What if you add VGs to a newer model that gets the stall speed low enough? Is there a way to get that documented to qualify? I’ve got a 182H and barely over the limit

I like Sparker because:
- max gross is at 1650 lbs vs 1320 …
- I own their previous model Sting S4 and it is an awesome little plane - absolute delight to fly with outstanding visibility

… but they are asking around 300k+ for the new Sparker , that’s way too much imho

What if you add VGs to a newer model that gets the stall speed low enough?
In the current version of the proposal:
If you hold a sport pilot certificate,
you may act as pilot in command of an
aircraft that, since its original
certification,
meets the following
requirements: [...]

So, no.

I'm looking at a Fusion 212, a Sparker and Peligrin Tarragon... if the Fusion had a 915is in it, I'd buy it tomorrow. All of these will do near 200 kts, with acceptable stall speeds as defined. Personally, I think Rotax has an advantage over others. Most all Cessna's except for the 182's will likely be included "before" the dust settles. Having said that, I have zero interest in a Cessna, Piper or Mooney.
fusion 212 is listed at 130ktas flogging it. Maybe you meant KPH. Sorry but the Germans lost WWII, we speak speed in knots here Jack :D
/TC

certification,
meets the following

So, no.
Ok thanks for the clarity on that. Oh well. Maybe some miracle they will move it to 55 and my bird will fit in. But they picked 54 for a reason so I’m sure they won’t.

I haven't seen a list, but @SkyChaser pointed out that all the versions of the Ercoupe should become eligible. That's good news for the ones which had an STC that took them over the old 1320lb limit.

I think many other older aircraft models will have a similar story. I haven't checked, but I'd bet the Luscombe 8E would become LSA-eligible. Previously it exceeded the LSA weight limit, and only earlier model Luscombes were eligible.

certification,
meets the following

Ok thanks for the clarity on that. Oh well. Maybe some miracle they will move it to 55 and my bird will fit in. But they picked 54 for a reason so I’m sure they won’t.
With luck maybe that language won't be in the final rule. I commented on it, pointing out that it does nothing for safety, and I've seen other comments saying the same thing.

Here's a list of Cessnas someone posted a few pages back.

YES
Cessna 120
Cessna 140
Cessna 150 (all models including Aerobat)
Cessna 152 (all models including Aerobat)
Cessna 162
Cessna 170B (1952-1955)
Cessna 172 (all models EXCEPT IO-360 powered models T-41B, R172K, FR172)
Cessna 175 (175, 175A, 175B, P172D models)
Cessna 182 (182 through 182D)

NO
Cessna 172RG
Cessna 172 IO-360 variants (R172K, FR172, T-41B)
Cessna 177 (all models)
Cessna 180
Cessna 182 (182E and later models)
Cessna T182
Cessna R182
Cessna TR182
Cessna 185
Cessna 190
Cessna 205 and above

UNKNOWN
(if you have one of these AFMs or Owner's Manuals, please send me a note!)
Cessna 170 (170 and 170A models)
Cessna 175 (175C)

Here's a list of Cessnas someone posted a few pages back.

YES
Cessna 120
Cessna 140
Cessna 150 (all models including Aerobat)
Cessna 152 (all models including Aerobat)
Cessna 162
Cessna 170B (1952-1955)
Cessna 172 (all models EXCEPT IO-360 powered models T-41B, R172K, FR172)
Cessna 175 (175, 175A, 175B, P172D models)
Cessna 182 (182 through 182D)

NO
Cessna 172RG
Cessna 172 IO-360 variants (R172K, FR172, T-41B)
Cessna 177 (all models)
Cessna 180
Cessna 182 (182E and later models)
Cessna T182
Cessna R182
Cessna TR182
Cessna 185
Cessna 190
Cessna 205 and above

UNKNOWN
(if you have one of these AFMs or Owner's Manuals, please send me a note!)
Cessna 170 (170 and 170A models)
Cessna 175 (175C)
Aero Commander Lark
Aero Commander Darter
Beech Skipper
Beech Sundowner (even the 180!)
Piper Traumahawk
Glassair Sportsman!

fusion 212 is listed at 130ktas flogging it. Maybe you meant KPH. Sorry but the Germans lost WWII, we speak speed in knots here Jack :D
/TC
Well Jack ... as I said, if you can comphrend what I actually said, "if the Fusion had the 915is in it, I'd buy it tomorrow". The 915is is a 142HP, near 200 kt configuration. A similar plane, the Viper SD4 will fly 200 kts using the same powerplant, and so will the JMB VL3 and the Risen. The Rotax 916is, a 160HP configuration will climb 2,000 ft/min. Ill let you figure out how fast the 916is can fly. Oh, the Germans lost becuase Hitler was greedy, otherwise Eastern Europe would look a lot different.

I have an LSA Bristell It would be a perfect plane if the gross weight was legally 100# more It's more than capable (not that I've tested that) I don't understand the cut-offs for :
1. 1 passengers
2. 54 stall, that makes no sense with the 250 knot allowance
3. basic med requirement for night - why haven't we proven 3rd class and basic isn't making safer pilots?
4. Allow Basic Med without a prior 3rd class or get rid of 3rd class

Back