Morris, IL - Saturday 11/17?

Im going to be home. Come to Estherville, IA (EST) saturday night and we'll get pizza.

I am out of town on that day. I have been stuck here in the basement of the Atlanta Hyatt since Monday. I hope to get out for some fresh air this evening for an hour or two. On Friday i head to Florida for the weekend.

I can do. I think the plane is just a few miles away. :D

I may be able to come. The airport is 20 minutes (driving) for me.
If Scott did not already warn you, the restaurant is not what it used to be.
What time?:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I am out of town on that day. I have been stuck here in the basement of the Atlanta Hyatt since Monday. I hope to get out for some fresh air this evening for an hour or two. On Friday i head to Florida for the weekend.
That's not too shabby of a basement!

But, ya should have gone to the Westin or Marriott behind you.

Or, there's the Omni... next to CNN. :)

Hey, Leslie's in Atlanta tonight at CNN Plaza, IIRC. Hook up for dinner!

And I might be interested in Morris Saturday! Not sure yet, though.

That's not too shabby of a basement!

But, ya should have gone to the Westin or Marriott behind you.

Or, there's the Omni... next to CNN. :)

The meeting are all taking place at the Hyatt. In the past I have stayed at our corporate place down the street but this meeting I knew I was going to have to run back and forth between the IEEE meeting and some private teleconferences so being in the same hotel was desirable.

Hey, Leslie's in Atlanta tonight at CNN Plaza, IIRC. Hook up for dinner!

And I might be interested in Morris Saturday! Not sure yet, though.
Small world. I have a dinner meeting already scheduled tonight though! My time at these events is well choreographed in advanced. As Karen would say I am a 'geek rock star 'at these things.

Perhaps he should do a dance too.
Nawww... enough of that done for the teacher's unions.

We do need some serious rain, though. Lanier is down more than fifteen feet and Alatoona more than twelve.

At least you caught it while it's still warm.

Don't shoot yourself climbing over a fence or anything. I read about that every year from up der in the nort country. Us flatlanders get a got laugh when it happens, yah hey:D:D:D

It's usually a flatlander doing the shooting, though.:yes: Every one that I've seen hails from the suburbs of Detroit. They must not get good experience walking in the woods while living in concrete canyons. :rolleyes: :D

Barb

It's usually a flatlander doing the shooting, though.:yes: Every one that I've seen hails from the suburbs of Detroit. They must not get good experience walking in the woods while living in concrete canyons. :rolleyes: :D

Barb

That must be a Michigan thing then. In Wisconsin it is usually a cheesehead who had been drinking too much just before going hunting. There are also a few guys who fall out of their tree stands from excessive alcohol too. One year one of them was a guy that I worked with. He had his stand up nort past Green Bay (aka the holyland) and he was a little lubricated. Broke his leg and had to lay there until one of his hunting buddies came by to see where he was.

Barb

you'd think, that being from detroit and all, they'd be pretty handy with a firearm

Actually you now have a statistically greater chance of killing yourself by falling out of your treestand, than getting shot. This is good for me as I don't use a treestand :)

Besides any good hunter know that booze is for after the hunt.

Pete

I'll pick you up, Barry.

Thanks Mike but I'd better check with the Missus. We're gone the next two weekends and she mentioned to me that "it might be better to put the Xmas lights up this weekend rather than wait for December 8th". I know its early but that's better than being late! and a wife's "suggestion" is hard to ignore.:yes:

I may be able to come. The airport is 20 minutes (driving) for me.
If Scott did not already warn you, the restaurant is not what it used to be.
What time?:blueplane:
ApacheBob
Lunchtime, I hope?

1700z sound good?

And Bob, it's charlie-zero-niner, not charlie-oscar-niner. :rofl:

Ok, 17z at Morris. There will be two planes leaving 9D9.

Ok, 17z at Morris. There will be two planes leaving 9D9.

It looks like 2:15 to 2:30 from PHN to C09.

Are you planning to arrive by 17z or should I shoot for an earlier ETA?

Will there be any other spouses there?

I know not this term "spouse," of which you speak. I will be in 2212R, my dad in 1270T, and will be on 122.75 from Hastings (9D9). I am planning a departure to put me there by 17z. My dad will probably be a little bit ahead of me. My dad, still being a student will have no passengers. I can't speak for the other attendees on whether spouses will be joining them, but we never mind it if they do!

I know not this term "spouse," of which you speak. I will be in 2212R, my dad in 1270T, and will be on 122.75 from Hastings (9D9). I am planning a departure to put me there by 17z. My dad will probably be a little bit ahead of me. My dad, still being a student will have no passengers. I can't speak for the other attendees on whether spouses will be joining them, but we never mind it if they do!

There's rain and snow flurries in the forecast for the morning. I figure it'll move out, but if it does it'll move toward you and your student with the XC endorsement.

Last edited:
There's rain and snow flurries in the forecast for the morning. I figure it move out, but if it does it'll move towarrd you snd your student with the XC endorsement.

Ceilings forecast to be somewhere between 3000 and 6000. I think we'll be ok. And if it deteriorates from the forecast enroute, he gets to to a diversion for real!

Ceilings forecast to be somewhere between 3000 and 6000. I think we'll be ok. And if it deteriorates from the forecast enroute, he gets to to a diversion for real!

I'll take a look in the AM but right now it looks like snow and 3500 across MI. Sunday may be better for sight seeing.

Only a 15-25% chance of snow over here. 3500agl is plenty for me, and Sunday I have to referee at 18z, so no flying for me then.

LM LWR MI LH
NRN 1/3 AREA...AGL SCT035 BKN100 TOP FL180. BECMG 0406 AGL SCT025
OVC040. OCNL BKN025 WDLY SCT VIS 5SM -SHSN. OTLK...VFR.
SRN 2/3 AREA...AGL SCT035 BKN100 TOP FL180. OCNL BKN035 ISOL -
SHSN. BECMG 1012 SCT035 BKN050. WDLY SCT -SHSN. OTLK...VFR SN.
IL
NWRN QTR...SCT-BKN CI. 08Z BKN100 TOP FL250.
NERN QTR...BKN-SCT120 TOP FL220 SCT CI. 06Z SCT-BKN CI. 09Z BKN-
SCT100 TOP FL250. OTLK...VFR.
SRN HLF...SCT CI OR SKC. OTLK...VFR.
IN
SWRN...SKC OR SCT CI. OTLK...VFR.
XTRM NRN...BKN100 TOP FL200. 13Z BKN050. ISOL -SHSN. OTLK...VFR.
ELSW...BKN100 TOP FL220. BECMG 0810 SCT-BKN100 LYRD FL250.
OTLK...VFR.

Last edited:
I have to work at 3 pm. I will miss youse guys.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Back