More women pilots

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
Had a great event at KFNL over the last week. Almost 2000 young women took rides in a helicopter or fixed wing. All female pilots, never here so many ladies on the radio at once.

Coloradoan: "More than 2,000 girls and women received vouchers for free flights that will occur throughout the week at the airport, located between Fort Collins and Loveland. The flights are part of "Fly it Forward," a program of the 2018 FlyWOAW aviation event, which is designed to bring opportunities in aviation to the attention of girls and women of all ages."

I will swear that I did not utter the phrase: "Ft. Love" on the radio this week.

I will swear that I did not utter the phrase: "Ft. Love" on the radio this week.
I was flying and I still don't say NOCO every time but then I never used fort love. Transients don't always know our local nicknames, Fort Collins - Loveland. Now (delusions of granduer?) we are Northern Colorado Regional and settled with NOCO for charts and such.

OMG you dare utter "Fort Love".
In the past and using my best Barry White voice I have uttered "Fort Love" as an offering to the airwaves when approaching and in the pattern at Ft. Collins-Loveland.

Well instead of saying Northern Colorado Regional, which means you don't need local knowledge, you utter NOCO and nobody can find that on the chart.

Had to get a new metrosexual marketing name on that place before the remote tower opens, eh? LOL

Had to get a new metrosexual marketing name on that place before the remote tower opens, eh? LOL
Well "Ft. Love" is pretty non-specific as far as operating equipment goes...

I thought at first it stood for foot love....and with 2000 women, that's a helluva lot of shoes.

Holy Macaroni! That be like 20,000 toes. If you're into that. Toes.

images

"Fly it Forward“.... always my preferred direction of flight. ;)

I hope that some long term interest in aviation as both hobby and career was sparked in the minds of some of the ladies.

Then they can come on POA and we can chase them away.

Only joking about that last part.

Back