More nuisance airport noise complainants

The two individuals, one who made over 800 complaints, and the other someone who leads a quiet skies organization. Yeah, got it.

Also remeber, it is always good to practice your VFR maneuvers to stay current and safe, turns around a point is a good one to keep sharp ;)

Perhaps if Mr Palmer knew that those sounds were pilots keeping proficient for safety he would change his mind

https://www.whitepages.com/name/John-Charles-Palmer/Longmont-CO/1rn24xc

"Overview and explanation:
Clear the area
Power set
Select an altitude of 600-1000 AGL and pick a reference point.
Maintain altitude +/-100 ft, and airspeed +/-10"

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

The two individuals, one who made over 800 complaints, and the other someone who leads a quiet skies organization. Yeah, got it.

Looks like that Gibbs lady hates the 2nd amendment too, some people just don't like freedom I guess, funny that the whiners nearly always fit the same mold, wish people could just stay in their own lane, like if you don't like airplane noise don't live next to a airport, don't like guns don't buy one, don't like gay marriage don't get gay married, etc etc.

http://www.timescall.com/opinion/le...ibbs-demand-that-lawmakers-adopt-sensible-gun

http://www.timescall.com/columnists...3/kimberly-gibbs-why-quiet-skies-wont-give-up

Last edited:
It’s going to happen ,no matter where you go. Always going to have one or two people who move into a neighborhood ,near an airport,and start filling noise complaints. The haters gonna hate.

I was up in a twin the other day with three American pilots, one wife, and a family friend. Arriving back home we did the "deer pass" as is often done. One of the pilots (not the one flying) asked if the neighbors complain about such low passes. I point out that we love airplane noise, that's why we live in an airpark.

My parrot makes airplane noises when we're outside and there's traffic. She particularly loves my neighbor's Seabee. She'll make the airplane noise if she sees it even if the engine is not running.

949 noise complaints in 2017. 825 from a single guy, 124 for the year from everyone else.

I wonder how his noise complaints correlate to the 124 from everyone else? On any given day, did he file a complaint for every airplane and did everyone else just make a single noise complaint?

825 is slightly more than 2 per day. I don't know how many flying days there are at his local airport, but even if it's only 75% flying days, that's like 3.5 / day. I wonder how his complaints are clustered...does he go a week with nothing, then pound out 10/day for a while?

Makes you wonder if he complained about every motorcycle, car with loud music and thunderstorm that went by too.

Makes you wonder if he complained about every motorcycle, car with loud music and thunderstorm that went by too.

About thunderstorms, the National Weather Service just laughed when I tried to file a complaint. Really rude I thought.

It’s going to happen ,no matter where you go. Always going to have one or two people who move into a neighborhood ,near an airport,and start filling noise complaints. The haters gonna hate.
About thunderstorms, the National Weather Service just laughed when I tried to file a complaint. Really rude I thought.
In this case the two complainers mentioned don’t live particularly close to the airport. Niwot and Gunbarrel are well to the south. Gunbarrel is closer to BDU than FNL.

FNL is fairly well situated for noise. Housing is encroaching so I’m sure there will be more complaints. Lots of ‘attitude’ of we know better than everyone else in that little corner of the state.

Yep. Longmont has been dealing with those idiots for over a decade now. They’re all well known.

DEN has a couple who have made the majority of their complaints, as does APA.

I’ve had some guy from some group trying to send me stuff about a proposed trash dump in Parker that a group of locals don’t want there... he saw my stupid aviation related TV interview about the laser lights and even though he’s already talked to the airport authority the FAA and everyone else with any actual clout in local Aviation, he was fishing for someone who had the title “pilot” to take up his group’s cause, and say all the birds a dump will attract will be a major hazard to Aviation safety.

Thankfully he only called me once and sent me videos of birds at dumps flying around. LOL. He doesn’t know I asked the airport folks and FAA folks if they’d already talked to him, and they had. Numerous times.

Instant-ignore button now. Deleted. Hahaha.

FNL is fairly well situated for noise. Housing is encroaching so I’m sure there will be more complaints. Lots of ‘attitude’ of we know better than everyone else in that little corner of the state.

They want to be Boulder. LOL. I have to go to Boulder in an hour. Pray for me. I’ll drive the stealth Lesbaru.

They want to be Boulder. LOL. I have to go to Boulder in an hour. Pray for me. I’ll drive the stealth Lesbaru.
You drive to Boulder when you own an airplane and it’s based between you and Boulder? The mind boggles...must love traffic...

You drive to Boulder when you own an airplane and it’s based between you and Boulder? The mind boggles...must love traffic...

What am I going to do, Uber from BDU into town? I guess I could have, but sheesh.

No kidding — on the way up here there was an identical car to your fun car following me on the Boulderbahn. I thought maybe you were messing with me. Haha.

Turned out it had Texas plates and a dude who looked like Santa Claus driving it. LOL.

Back