Moral Dilemna - Unsafe Plane for Sale

I'm curious, how do you obtain a ferry permit that isn't legitimate? Obtaining a ferry permit is easy, but complying with the limitations listed on the ferry permit may not be. I'd bet there are a lot of ferrys made that aren't actually legal.
It depends on the A&P signing the permit.....he approves it it's totally legit.

How often does the FAA even see a plane that is being moved under a ferry permit? I thought that the ferry permit was provided based on an AI evaluation and sign off.

FAA doesn't care to see the plane. They only care about the paperwork until things go terribly wrong. Then they issue more paperwork to correct future problems. It is the A&P's job to be honest and legal just like it is the pilot's job to not fly until 8 hours after drinking or maintain proper clearance from clouds.

It depends on the A&P signing the permit.....he approves it it's totally legit.

That was my point. I don't see any way to get a permit that isn't legitimate, but the ferry flight might not be legal because the A&P and pilot didn't do their part of the job properly.

That was my point. I don't see any way to get a permit that isn't legitimate, but the ferry flight might not be legal because the A&P and pilot didn't do their part of the job properly.
Good thing I don't write regs. My word usage obviously can be confusing. My intent was that it may not have been "legal" as you point out.

Back