Mooney for sale

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
It's with a heavy heart that I'm listing my Mooney for sale - it's a wonderful airplane.

2350TTAF
350SMOH
15SNEW prop
Garmin 530w/430w stack
Garmin 330w/ TIS
Stormscope (green and black but works well)
King KFC200 autopilot coupled with KCS55 HSI/FD
JPI 700EDM w/FF feeding the 530/430
Brand new bladders, new landing gear pucks, tires, hardware, paint, interior - no expense spared. I'm following my good friends the Honecks into RV ownership.

Here's the panel
rydanyny.jpg

And a picture of the plane. When I'm in Texas again I'll take more pictures, but ask the folks on the board who have seen it in person - it's a beaut. The performance is pretty nice too - I typically see 157-163 KTAS between 9.4-10.1 GPH depending on altitude.

eranyrez.jpg

Asking 125k

Last edited:
Id also be interested in a trade if someone were to offer an RV4 w/ a constant speed prop and some cash.

Dave, that's a great looking plane and I would love to own a plane like that one day.

Good luck selling it!

I'll vouch for David's words... and I have seen the aircraft.
Not that that implies any sort of warranty of course.

Ryan

Dave, that's a great looking plane and I would love to own a plane like that one day.

Good luck selling it!

I hope to be able to own an airplane again like it someday, and consider myself incredibly lucky that I was able to even for a short time.

David put your price on top of the ad, its gets lost on the bottom. Also you have a new alternator too don't ya?

Tell the truth, David. You just couldn't get the Mooney as high as you did the C-172, so are going after a turbo :).

I was jus happy to get a ride, and it was awesome. Very smooth running engine. Quick bugger too.

I have flown it and it is no question the nicest Mooney I've flown.

Smart move, David. Keep making them.

If I could swing the smaller cabin I'd be all over this, but I need a station wagon, so no sports cars for me

Now there's two nice Mooney's for sale in our little tribe. If you and Kent can start a price war race to the bottom...

We'd all appreciate it. :)

Just kidding David. It's a gorgeous airplane and I hope you both find good homes for them.

And I did the math... We'd only need two more pilots in our co-ownership to swing it, all else being equal...

Not including the bath we'd take on the 182 for its lack of a GPS. ;) ;) ;)

Nothing says all else has to be equal, but I don't think the other co-owners are in the mood for an aircraft upgrade right now. The 182 meets too many of the various missions of the little gang and I'm hangin' with these guys...

We hit that hard to find mix of people who generally agree on stuff and enjoy each other's company.

If I were completely unencumbered airplane-wise, I'd write a big check and make a very bad personal fiscal move.

Your airplane fits my typical missions slightly better than the 182. But not enough to bail on the 182.

I own a very nice Cessna 172n but my dream would be to buy this plane and find four partners to share both of them. Five people and two planes sound just about right to me.

I own a very nice Cessna 172n but my dream would be to buy this plane and find four partners to share both of them. Five people and two planes sound just about right to me.

That is a cool machine.

Our club has 15 owners and 2 airplanes. They are available most of the time. I am amazed how often in fact.

for people that don't know, mooneys are notorious for fuel tank leaks and the bladders are a $10k fix. that is a really nice plane.

That's a great addition to any Mooney...lets you keep your speed up and still get down when you need to. Highly recommended.

This! While I try not to use them in the air (I generally pop them out just after touchdown), they're very nice when ATC asks for things that leave you high and hot. Or, on those days when your approach planning doesn't work out quite right. ;)

This! While I try not to use them in the air (I generally pop them out just after touchdown), they're very nice when ATC asks for things that leave you high and hot. Or, on those days when your approach planning doesn't work out quite right. ;)

If I had those, I'd use 'em all the time! I stay as high as I can manage, for as long as I can manage, in the Texas summer.

Fortunately, with a gear speed of 154 knots, I can use the undercarriage to Go Down Fast. Would prefer to have spoilers.

I wouldn't think there is enough surface area on those to dump the lift on landing to have any real effect.

I wouldn't think there is enough surface area on those to dump the lift on landing to have any real effect.

Well... It probably doesn't help a ton, but it makes me feel cool. ;)

Actually, it may help more than you'd think - I've learned the hard way NOT to have them out during the flare or the bottom falls out from under you.

My spoilers (3' each wing) increase power-off glide at 70mph from ~400 fpm to ~1,400 fpm. Landing with them is not advised.

for people that don't know, mooneys are notorious for fuel tank leaks and the bladders are a $10k fix. that is a really nice plane.

I have read on various Mooney specific sites that this is an OWT that started with some merit. Many shops didn't know what they were doinv with sealing and so bladders were introduced.

I have read on various Mooney specific sites that this is an OWT that started with some merit. Many shops didn't know what they were doinv with sealing and so bladders were introduced.

the sealing process has improved, and there are a few places that do a great job. Others, not so much. bladders vs. reseals is a huge debate among mooney owners. I got bladders put in mine, and I'm extremely pleased with them. There are people on the mooney site that have had them for nearly 20 years with no real issues.

patch jobs run $1k or so with no guarantees against future leaks. getting a plane with a fresh reseal from a reputable shop such as Wilmar or bladders is a huge plus. from personal experience, I had to install bladders less than 12 months after purchasing my C model (and I knew to look for leaks). The install was 15% of the purchase price of my plane. :(

Last edited:

Is there a reason why you don't like to use them in flight? I wouldn't use them every flight in the 310 (similarly slippery to a Mooney), but I would absolutely use them regularly. Especially in the summer when, like Spike, I want to stay up high for a long while. Also in the case of the 310, the plane goes to the top of the green and into the yellow really easily, and it can make descents more challenging, especially if you like to be nice to your engines.

I'm impressed by the number of after-market spoilers, and (more recently) aft-fuselage strakes that are being installed on twin Cessnas. The local shop has done a number of upgrades and owners have documented the improved performance.

Is there a reason why you don't like to use them in flight? I wouldn't use them every flight in the 310 (similarly slippery to a Mooney), but I would absolutely use them regularly. Especially in the summer when, like Spike, I want to stay up high for a long while. Also in the case of the 310, the plane goes to the top of the green and into the yellow really easily, and it can make descents more challenging, especially if you like to be nice to your engines.

I would've really enjoyed a set of spoilers on the 421 back when I was flying it. In general, my feeling on spoilers is the bigger the better. We did a mod on the Standard Cirrus to add an extra panel, which greatly increases the effectiveness. It makes me a lot more comfortably about landing in a small field.

I'm impressed by the number of after-market spoilers, and (more recently) aft-fuselage strakes that are being installed on twin Cessnas. The local shop has done a number of upgrades and owners have documented the improved performance.

Agreed. I would jump at the opportunity to add spoilers were they available for the 310N. Seems like it's only R and the big twins.

Strakes wouldn't work on the 310, either. Most of the 340-421 owners have good things to say about them, but a few say they've seen no improvements.

What do you mooniacs think of the LoPresti cowl on the 201? What's it good for? I know of a mooney that's about half primer and half what appears to be army green rattle can paint...the thing looks like hell but he has a lot of money in the panel and one of the Lopresti cowls.

Back