Mooney for new Pilot

I say go for the Mooney! But learn to make consistent good landings in a rental instead of beating up your landing gear. I bought my M20-C five weeks after my PPL checkride. Do get a knowledgeable mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection, and get a CFI with Mooney experience.

Hank, were you at the Indy air show couple of years ago as part of the mooney ambassadors?

I am looking to start my flight training soon and looking at getting a Mooney. it is the first plane that I flew about 25 years ago, any advise.

student on a complex, insurance would be tough to get, not impossible but expensive.

I wish that I'd bought a Mooney or Bonanza at first knowing what I know now after spending as much to rent a Cessna and Piper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hank, were you at the Indy air show couple of years ago as part of the mooney ambassadors?

Yes, I was there last year, and was planning to go this year before the Show was canceled. Such a shame, it was a good event and a fun weekend.

Yes, I was there last year, and was planning to go this year before the Show was canceled. Such a shame, it was a good event and a fun weekend.

I thought your name seem familiar. I was there too, it was a good time. Too bad this year's show was canceled. Know anyone interested in a M20J? I just put my 201 up for sale because I'm not flying her enough. Last year I put in only 18 hours. Just can't justify the cost. I have the plane listed here if you know of anyone. www.excelairservices.com/10143.html

I almost went the Mooney route when I was learning. I think Mooney makes a great airplane. Just do it!
I don't think the Nike tag line applies in this case. To OP, please keep us updated, for I maybe follow in your footsteps in the not so distant future.
Tom

Back