Mooney Fly-In

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Just got back from the Vintage Mooney Group Flyin down in Ramona. CA. What a great time discussing our mooneys with eachother. Total of 16 mooneys made it to the flyin. Was pretty neat hearing every call to the tower starting with mooney xxxx. See attached photo, sor an idea of what 16 mooneys look like.

Michael

That is cool. How old's a Mooney got to be for Vintage classification? This weekend I'm going to the Southeast area Mooney group's fly-in at Dayton, OH. We'll visit the Wright Patterson museum which is really awesome.

Michael said:
Just got back from the Vintage Mooney Group Flyin down in Ramona. CA. What a great time discussing our mooneys with eachother. Total of 16 mooneys made it to the flyin. Was pretty neat hearing every call to the tower starting with mooney xxxx. See attached photo, sor an idea of what 16 mooneys look like.

Michael

It looks like a great time. Is that an ovation 2 and a new bravo at the end of the flight line on the left side? Can any mooney owner come to these types of flyins?

Keep the pictures coming!

Lance F said:
That is cool. How old's a Mooney got to be for Vintage classification? This weekend I'm going to the Southeast area Mooney group's fly-in at Dayton, OH. We'll visit the Wright Patterson museum which is really awesome.

Not sure how old they need to be, Most of us had c models, some Bs a few Es one guy brought in a pretty new mooney ovation. we all went over and drooled over it.. A great time. Have you been to a mooney group before Lance?

Iceman said:
It looks like a great time. Is that a ovation 2 and a new bravo at the end of the flight line on the left side? Can any mooney owner come to these types of flyins?

Keep the pictures coming!

wow how you could see that from that small pic is besides me. But yes. on the end left, was the new ovation.

Michael

Michael said:
wow how you could see that from that small pic is besides me. But yes. on the end left, was the new ovation.

Michael

On second look it appears to be an ovation with a build date between 94 and 99. The nose is longer and more narrow, the three blade prop (not a good indication any more because of the new Hartzell mod), the paint job on the tail, and the com antenna placement.

Aw, man, look how clear and blue that SKY is!! Great photo.

Michael, I've been to one small Mooney fly-in and talk. This is the group that's going up to the Wright-Pat Air Force Museum this weekend. I'm also doing a Mooney pilot proficiency course by MOPA next month in KY. Really looking forward to that.

Lance F said:
Michael, I've been to one small Mooney fly-in and talk. This is the group that's going up to the Wright-Pat Air Force Museum this weekend. I'm also doing a Mooney pilot proficiency course by MOPA next month in KY. Really looking forward to that.

Wow, That sounds like fun Lance. be sure to take some picture for me :)

Michael

Michael said:
Was pretty neat hearing every call to the tower starting with mooney xxxx. See attached photo, sor an idea of what 16 mooneys look like.

One of the Mooney pilot associations had their annual fly-in here at CHA last September, there were well over 100 Mooneys parked along 15-33 (they closed the runway to turn it into a giant parking lot.)

Michael said:

Michael

All pilots/planes are invited to these Vintage Mooney Group fly-ins. Not just us Mooniacs. Warning, if you hang around Mooneys and and Mooney pilots, you will convert to Mooneys.

Back