Mooney announces new M10 models

Perezhr

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hector
Mooney announced the new M10 series at Zhuhai. All composite fixed gear trainer and new retractable both with Diesel engines. http://bit.ly/mooneyM10

6ce75ea6b3a6a40150088c29e358c3e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mooney announces new M20 models

Can't figure out how to edit typo in the subject line in Tapatalk. Should be 'Mooney announces new M10 models'

Interesting. No articulating tail, but at least they kept it pointing in the right direction!

Hmmm. The image is being deleted elsewhere. It's now gone from Mooneyspace, Reddit, and Beechtalk, "at the request of some Mooney folks."

I want one with the Diesel!
I have around $60k from the sale of my 172. I wonder if that is enough?

looks kinda like a Panthera.....

I want one with the Diesel!
I have around $60k from the sale of my 172. I wonder if that is enough?

Enough to secure a loan for one. They are probably in line with the cost of a cirrus.

One nice feature I see... door on the pilot's side.

Looks nice. Poor engineers had to learn how to build a trim tab...

Well, not to put a damper on things, but it's targeting 2017 for the first deliveries. I would be shocked and awed if it actually makes it to market by 2020 - or later. If it does make it the price is going to be out there.

Nice looking airplane,they never come in at projected cost.

Which kinda looks like a Cirrus, which kinda looks like a Columbia, which kinda looks like a... plastic planes only come in one shape.

it's like modern cars, everything is designed in a wind tunnel.

Well, not to put a damper on things, but it's targeting 2017 for the first deliveries. I would be shocked and awed if it actually makes it to market by 2020 - or later. If it does make it the price is going to be out there.

And when it does, it will be slower than promised, heavier than promised and more expensive than promised. Just how it goes. Promise everyone what they want to get them excited and put down deposits, then reality sets in.

Which kinda looks like a Cirrus, which kinda looks like a Columbia, which kinda looks like a... plastic planes only come in one shape.

Considering they own Cirrus as well, I was wondering if they didn't borrow some design work from there.

Considering they own Cirrus as well, I was wondering if they didn't borrow some design work from there.

Don't think so, and I believe it is different Chinese "companies" that own Cirrus and CMI vs. Mooney. (although I'll cede that the ultimate master can probably make them play together.)

Here is the outfit responsible:
http://dzynetech.com/mooney-international-unveils-m10-designed-dzyne-technologies/

Looks like they took the shape of the vertical stab from Kerrville and nothing else.

I understand as well, China is still very much under a Communist Central Command structure. GA is developing because the party decided GA was in China's best interest, so now they will have GA Communist Style, we'll see how it works out.

I understand as well, China is still very much under a Communist Central Command structure. GA is developing because the party decided GA was in China's best interest, so now they will have GA Communist Style, we'll see how it works out.

They've been buying our tech for pennies on the dollar to get a very quick start...kudos to them. It will be interesting to see if we end up with AK-47 type planes (simple, cheap, reliable) or Yugos. :D Of course if they want to sell them here they'll need to be certified, so that guarantees some semblance of quality and safety. They might just say "screw it" and only make them for their own market and skip the red tape over here for very small volume. That is what I really want to know...

Once they learn to certify a plane to US standards, our domestic industry might be done.

They've been buying our tech for pennies on the dollar to get a very quick start...kudos to them. It will be interesting to see if we end up with AK-47 type planes (simple, cheap, reliable) or Yugos. :D Of course if they want to sell them here they'll need to be certified, so that guarantees some semblance of quality and safety. They might just say "screw it" and only make them for their own market and skip the red tape over here for very small volume. That is what I really want to know...

Once they learn to certify a plane to US standards, our domestic industry might be done.

They don't buy our tech, they steal it, or insist on getting it for free as a condition of entering their market.

They don't buy our tech, they steal it, or insist on getting it for free as a condition of entering their market.

They purchased Mooney, Cirrus, Continental, etc. in this case. Bargain-basement prices, too. I don't disagree that they steal lots of other tech. So did Japan in the 80s and 90s.

I think the Chinese bought it for scrap......:lol:

Suppose that theoretically the Chinese did only get them certified by their local authorities. Could a U.S. Citizen buy one there and import it? Would it have to be N-registered?

Hmmm. The image is being deleted elsewhere. It's now gone from Mooneyspace, Reddit, and Beechtalk, "at the request of some Mooney folks."

Better download this one before it disappears!

Suppose that theoretically the Chinese did only get them certified by their local authorities. Could a U.S. Citizen buy one there and import it? Would it have to be N-registered?

In order to import it with an N-Tail it would have to go through a conformity inspection against its FAA Type Certificate. If it is not certified in the US that is impossible. You may be able to get an Experimental Exhibition certificate on it though.

In order to import it with an N-Tail it would have to go through a conformity inspection against its FAA Type Certificate. If it is not certified in the US that is impossible. You may be able to get an Experimental Exhibition certificate on it though.

If it were Chinese registered, could it be flown in the US?

If it were Chinese registered, could it be flown in the US?

If you held valid Chinese credentials, I would imagine so, that's how N-tail planes operate around the world. There's a good few N-tails in Europe and Africa.

Oh no.....so how is a foreign designed & manufactured Airbus flown in the US....with no US TC? :yikes::hairraise::yikes:

or Embraer?....or any other other foreign designed and manufactured aircraft? There is a way....and they do get an N registration. :D

Last edited:
Oh no.....so how is a foreign designed & manufactured Airbus flown in the US....with no US TC? :yikes::hairraise::yikes:

or Embraer?....or any other other foreign designed and manufactured aircraft? There is a way....and they do get an N registration. :D

Probably through an acceptance agreement with that certifying agency.

Guys, it just dawned on me. I knew that this airplane could not be invented on blank computer screen. It just does not work this way within the time they supposedly had since the purchase of the company. But I think I guessed what it's based on: Tri-K KIS TR-4.

Of course, changes were made: the sidesticks, the moonesque tail, the windshield is steeper, and they added creases along the tail boom. But the proof would be in the technology and the design. I bet that if you cut open the wing of M-10T, you'll see the Tri-K structure and construction.

Say, anyone seen Rich Trickel recently?

Last edited:
Guys, it just dawned on me. I knew that this airplane could not be invented on blank computer screen. It just does not work this way within the time they supposedly had since the purchase of the company. But I think I guessed what it's based on: Tri-K KIS TR-4.

Of course, changes were made: the sidesticks, the moonesque tail, the windshield is steeper, and they added creases along the tail boom. But the proof would be in the technology and the design. I bet that if you cut open the wing of M-10T, you'll see the Tri-K structure and construction.

Definitely plausible: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-R_KIS_TR-4_Crusier

Just how much GA manufacturing capability has China bought now?

Back