Mooney 133RJ

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Should be leaving the JAX area about now enroute to RMG for the annual at Cole Aviation. Provided no weather delays, it should arrive between 12:00 and 1:00pm local.

Three days for the annual, and by Wednesday we should know if we close on the deal or not.

:fcross:

Airplane is now in Rome, let the wrenching begin...

Eeehhh Ha. Good luck.

Next Saturday is the Southeast Mooney gathering at HKY. It's a bigger deal than normal. The program is on ADSB, there's a restaurant on the field for lunch and I think there's some kind of museum there too.

Hope you make it...in a MOONEY.

if this mooney doesn't work out i know of a plane that looks a lot like a mooney you'd enjoy.....

Unfortunately, I too have started the Mooney search, and have a couple of lines in the water.

Unfortunately, I too have started the Mooney search, and have a couple of lines in the water.

There is nothing unfortunate about looking for a high-performing, efficient speedster built in Texas.

Which model you looking at, Ed? For just you, a C or E would be fine, but for future planning purposes, a mid-body F or J may be nice...

Oh, wait, this is Ed, go for the E. :D

Which model you looking at, Ed? For just you, a C or E would be fine, but for future planning purposes, a mid-body F or J may be nice...

Oh, wait, this is Ed, go for the E. :D

Well, the perfect one for me would be an F model with the 201 cowl and a RayJay Turbo. It is the F models I am looking at. With a 201 cowl, I'm almost as or just as fast as the Js.

I can tell you right now it's outside my price envelope. Unless you all are putting together a Fury Fund for me that I am unaware of.

Heck, Ken, this makes it look... legitimate!

All, except that s#!t-eating grin you have...

Had a neighbor, built Swifts (under the TEMCO name).

So, how often are you going to head out to Belen?
Roy actually completed the bulk of the certification work years ago, so there's not all that much left to do. Except finish the TC, build the factory, get the PC, build some. Sell enough to keep it running ...

(Shakes head to clear cobwebs...)

Wasn't he working with Piper to do this, a while back, before Piper met the bankruptcy judge?

(Shakes head to clear cobwebs...)

Wasn't he working with Piper to do this, a while back, before Piper met the bankruptcy judge?
Yuppers. And he collected nearly 600 orders, of whom more than 100 still say they'll buy one. They already have all the tooling etc. required. Belen/New Mexico are paying for the factory and job training, with other grants to cover certification. Dan Lynch, who has a long record of successful factory designs, is setting up the factory. The type certificate and production certificate will be simultaneous efforts, so when it gets certified, they'll have a bunch sitting there and can say, "come down and pick out your color..."

Shouldn't that sentence have started out with Fortunately,... :D

No, because I have a known quantity with my plane. If I take over another plane, I don't know what I am getting.

Well, the perfect one for me would be an F model with the 201 cowl and a RayJay Turbo. It is the F models I am looking at. With a 201 cowl, I'm almost as or just as fast as the Js.

If I were going it alone, the F would be what I would have been looking for, but having a partner makes a J possible at less than an F on my own. Sometimes things work out.

Look for an F with a T-panel conversion, unless shotgun doesn't bother you.

If I were going it alone, the F would be what I would have been looking for, but having a partner makes a J possible at less than an F on my own. Sometimes things work out.

Look for an F with a T-panel conversion, unless shotgun doesn't bother you.

I'm looking at a couple of 74s. Throttle quadrant and T panels.

74 is a good year.

133RJ deal was terminated last month. Squawks and shady repair list as long as your arm. I am thankful we had a top notch shop do the pre-buy. Bill and I just about stopped looking after that but....one just fell in our lap this week. :goofy: Someone upstairs is looking out for us. It's in annual now and we will know the full scoop Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck you guys. I have to ask though, why a Mooney?

brent just bring your instructor along, no worries about insurance

Back