Monday night concert?

Garee

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Idliketofly
Haven’t seen anything about one? Oshkosh didn’t have one in 2021. Did they do away with it? Was always a big draw I thought

Word over on beechtalk is that they aren't doing one due to lack of a sponsor.

They did away with it in 2021 for COVID allegedly.
Ford is decreasing their presence at the show (haven't pulled out entirely) so I suspect it is indeed without a sponsor.
I got a time out on the EAA forums for saying I never found the washed up rockers or third tier country guys a draw for me. Though Steve Miller (of the band of the same name) did come down to Vintage hand have a blast looking at the old airplanes. At least he appeared to have an interest in aviation.

They did away with it in 2021 for COVID allegedly.
Ford is decreasing their presence at the show (haven't pulled out entirely) so I suspect it is indeed without a sponsor.
I got a time out on the EAA forums for saying I never found the washed up rockers or third tier country guys a draw for me. Though Steve Miller (of the band of the same name) did come down to Vintage hand have a blast looking at the old airplanes. At least he appeared to have an interest in aviation.
I was told Ford pulled out entirely and won’t even have a booth this year

I’ll miss the concerts but it’s not the end of the world. I enjoyed seeing some bands of my youth (Foreigner and REO Speedwagon to name a couple and both were great) and more recently current mainstream Country singers Dierks Bentley (who is a pilot) and Dustin Lynch. YMMV….

I’ll miss the concerts but it’s not the end of the world. I enjoyed seeing some bands of my youth (Foreigner and REO Speedwagon to name a couple and both were great) and more recently current mainstream Country singers Dierks Bentley (who is a pilot) and Dustin Lynch. YMMV….
I was there the year Dierks Bentley was there. The Lt. Dan Band was there also. Pretty good if you ask me and I've been to more concerts and music festivals than I can remember. The vibe I got is it just wasn't much of a music loving enthusiastic crowd. You could see Dierks seemed a little surprised but he pressed on. The applause was not much more than just polite. There were a few down front in the pit boogieing and toe tapping, but not many. I don't think the general demographic at Oshkosh lends it self to 'concerts.' Not enough women. And there's not enough beer. But that's the only one I've been to, so maybe what i say was an outlier

Last edited:
Truth in Lending, I skipped the last 2 concerts they had in 2018 & 2019 because the RV beer social happens more or less simultaneously and drinking free Spotted Cow carousing with my fellow RV builders/owners is way more fun.

I was told Ford pulled out entirely and won’t even have a booth this year

Wow. I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, the package with the pre-purchased tickets was conspicuously lacking in Ford marketing. I just went to the Airventure site and I couldn't scratch up any mention of Ford (other than the Tri-Motor rides) anywhere.

Wow. I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, the package with the pre-purchased tickets was conspicuously lacking in Ford marketing. I just went to the Airventure site and I couldn't scratch up any mention of Ford (other than the Tri-Motor rides) anywhere.
It definitely surprised me. They always have one of the biggest booths

They aren’t listed as an exhibitor in the app this year.

Ford is still shown as a Plantinum level sponsor…….and about getting top acts for concerts, don’t think they want to spend $500,000+ to get one, which I understand

Lt. Dan wasn't a Monday night concert. He was one of the concerts at the Theatre in the Woods.
I've only been once, 2015. I saw them up on the ramp. I don't remember if it was Monday or not. Maybe they played more than once. I was there the whole week, I don't think I would have missed it, but maybe did.

Ford is still shown as a Plantinum level sponsor…….and about getting top acts for concerts, don’t think they want to spend $500,000+ to get one, which I understand
Where are you seeing that? I don’t even see them listed in the app.

…….and about getting top acts for concerts, don’t think they want to spend $500,000+ to get one, which I understand

dierks bently is a 'top act'? it's country music for cryin out loud, that's bottom shelf material! crikey, @OkieFlyer would probably play for free*!

*for free beer, I mean.

As others have said the concert was all Ford's doing which they have walked away from doing that as well as their big tent. Still an EAA supporter but not doing Airventure at least for now.

dierks bently is a 'top act'? it's country music for cryin out loud, that's bottom shelf material! crikey, @OkieFlyer would probably play for free*!

*for free beer, I mean.

I am guessing heavy metal might be more to your liking.....In checking to make sure the Heavy Metal a-holes won't be waking me up in Vintage this year, I discovered The Glam Band....appearing in Ripon on July 22. You might want to snort your way over that direction.

I’d be happy with a band that does Eagles covers and travels around in a Piper. Maybe one who has a YouTube channel dedicated to it.

I don't think the general demographic at Oshkosh lends it self to 'concerts.' Not enough women. And there's not enough beer.

Not enough BEER?!? At Airventure? Bro, have you even been to the show? :rofl:

Or, as the kids say these days... "Tell me you've never been to Oshkosh without telling me you've never been to Oshkosh." :rofl:

(Yes, I saw that you've only been once... And I'm guessing you didn't camp on the field if you didn't think there was enough beer.)

Back