MOH shops

drgwentzel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kobra
Flyers,

I have about 2,220 hours on our IO360-A1B6 non-D engine in our '71 Cessna Cardinal RG. IIRC, it was rebuilt by G&N Engines in 1996 or so by the previous owner. So, it is definitely due for some TLC.

It runs fine except a little hard starting, even with pre-heating. No sense in putting any money into it at this point to fix that since the OH is very much due.

I live near Philly and based at N14. What shops do you guys recommended that does quality engine OH and has a good warranty for a reasonable price. I have looked only at Penn Yan Aero. They look good, but would like to explore several options before making a decision.

Also, what are the pro's and con's of steel cylinders vs. nickle cylinders?

Yea, I know this topic has probably beat to death here, but let's have at it again for 2017.

Gene

I did mine with Signature engines at Lunken field in Cinci back in 2008. Very good experience. Make sure you tell them to calibrate the injectors with fuel flow and you will be able to run LOP .
What is IIRC?

I did mine with Signature engines at Lunken field in Cinci back in 2008. Very good experience. Make sure you tell them to calibrate the injectors with fuel flow and you will be able to run LOP .
What is IIRC?

IIRC=If I Recall Correctly

Now that Mattituck is gone i think Zepher in FL is next .just be sure your you deal with charlie we both worked for parker a long,long time ago

Last edited:
I have not had the chance to use them but in my getting ready to buy research, poplar grove airmotive is who I will be using when needed. I've talked with several people who have used them.

Columbia Aircraft in Bloomsburg PA since you're so local. Excellent work and just great to deal with the whole way around.

Aero Engines of Winchester, VA 540-678-1661 Call them and I think you will be impressed.

Back