Mogas STC - Ethanol Removal

Add to that list of miseries the A&P-IA population working as independent Freelanced mechanics are becoming fewer and fewer. you'll soon have no choice but to go to the FBOs and get raped on charges.
Brian, Al. and I are the three A&P-IAs working locally, Brian is quitting, Al has cancer, and I'm semi-retired not taking new customers. and my PMI says that his list of renewals is half of what it was 4 years ago.
If this industry is going to survive, there must be some major changes. aircraft numbers are down, pilot population is dwindling, mechanics are afraid of the liability. lots of things are effecting the industry and not for the good.
I know, Tom. The end we have all predicted may not be imminent, but it is in sight.

My go-to A&P is 70. There is no one else on the field, and no one coming up behind him. When he retires, I have no idea what we will do. I do 90% of my own work, but that last 10% is essential.

Sadly, the bad news for GA is across the board. Our fly-in numbers at the hotel have dropped precipitously this year, as the oil recession in Texas has taken a terrible toll on GA. Worse, new aircraft deliveries dropped again, with manufacturers delivering just 443 new piston aircraft worldwide in the first half of 2016.

443! Lamborghini sold over 1000 of their supercars in those six months!

Think about that for a minute.

Mary and I fly several times per week. We are usually alone in the sky, except for the Navy pilots flying out of nearby CCNAS. Our FBO now regards 100LL sales as "insignificant", and I've never seen 90% of the hangars on the field open, even though i virtually live at the airport.

It sucks to watch something we love die.

I know, Tom. The end we have all predicted may not be imminent, but it is in sight.

My go-to A&P is 70. There is no one else on the field, and no one coming up behind him. When he retires, I have no idea what we will do. I do 90% of my own work, but that last 10% is essential.

Sadly, the bad news for GA is across the board. Our fly-in numbers at the hotel have dropped precipitously this year, as the oil recession in Texas has taken a terrible toll on GA. Worse, new aircraft deliveries dropped again, with manufacturers delivering just 443 new piston aircraft worldwide in the first half of 2016.

443! Lamborghini sold over 1000 of their supercars in those six months!

Think about that for a minute.

Mary and I fly several times per week. We are usually alone in the sky, except for the Navy pilots flying out of nearby CCNAS. Our FBO now regards 100LL sales as "insignificant", and I've never seen 90% of the hangars on the field open, even though i virtually live at the airport.

It sucks to watch something we love die.
I re-call the days we had 3 flight schools at AWO, if you flew there you'd be Number 18 on the down win. Tuesday I was there there were 2 aircraft flying they were both high dollar history collection war birds. not a single GA engine running.

It would be easier to just set up a cracker unit in your back yard and buy some oil to put into it. Then you can sell the other refined products and make money on the deal. so easy a kid can do it.

Back