Modaero. Be there or be square

Ok enough with the sarcasm people, we need to support stuff that's getting the next generation of aviators like myself interested.

I am all for something that gets the next generation excited about aviation.

ModAero ain't it.

And yes I'm aware of how bad last year was. This year actually has an air show so hopefully it will draw a crowd.

Believe me, I'm hoping this will become a success but the realist in me believes otherwise. A lot of hype but when it comes down to it, nothing more than a glorified air show. One that doesn't have a very good lineup at that.

And yes I'm aware of how bad last year was. This year actually has an air show so hopefully it will draw a crowd.
Can we not give things a second chance?
Why not give it a second chance? And yes, I assume an airshow will bring a bigger crowd.

Now the question is: can real pilots fly in and get it or will we be fleeced with a $75 entry fee?

I am all for something that gets the next generation excited about aviation.

ModAero ain't it.
Tru dat.
I would love to see young PEOPLE get interested in aviation.
Just not dumbazz hipsters/posers.
We want smart and responsible people flying dangerous missiles through the air.

Let's see how it turns out this year.

Why not give it a second chance?

Because reports here on PoA indicate that he stole money from vendors (didn't pay his bills) and lied about turnout (claimed everything was good when there was no one there).

If he had paid his bills and been honest about turnout, and then showed up here hat-in-hand saying "here's where we screwed up, here's what we're going to do to fix it" then I'm certain the mood would be very different. He didn't do that. He's acting like they are building on a success, and thus continuing a pattern of lies. He also destroyed a decades old newspaper The Atlantic Flyer and renamed the facebook page to something modaero related. I mean, come on, they had two bands booked last year. One played to an audience of 10 (literally, there is video) and the other was cancelled due to turnout.

Actually, here's a photo of the band. Playing to four people at this point with another 10 or so (looking like vendors) sitting and gossiping at picnic tables.

modaero_american_fangs.jpg

I might show up if the weather is good and I have nothing else going on... TBD.

Back