Mixed Feelings

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
They say the second best day in a pilot's life is when they buy their own airplane.

Well, yesterday we closed on the T-28. I miss her already. She is so much cooler than I am, it was a real pleasure to take her to a fly-in.

Actually, my wife is like that too. I guess it's not as bad as I thought.

A few of the board members have flown that plane. They know.

I am not changing my avatar.

Joe

Attachments

• Joe 1 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 1 (1200 x 900).jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Joe 2 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 2 (1200 x 900).jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Joe 3 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 3 (1200 x 900).jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Joe 4 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 4 (1200 x 900).jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Joe 5 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 5 (1200 x 900).jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Joe 6 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 6 (1200 x 900).jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Joe 7 (1200 x 900).jpg
    Joe 7 (1200 x 900).jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 42
Sorry to hear, but I'm sure you've got many many great memories, and no matter what, those are always yours. :yes:

Sorry to hear this, Joe.

Never did I feel uncomfortable with your flying. You flew that plane like it was an extension of yourself.

Thanks to you I have several indeliable and favorite memories. :)

Sorry to hear, but I'm sure you've got many many great memories, and no matter what, those are always yours. :yes:
I do have quite a few good memories. Thanks for reminding me William.

In the almost 500hrs in the logbook I have about 40 or 50 of formation training. A bunch with a Canadian Air Force instructor doing aerobatics. I learned a lot from my partner who has something like 28K hrs in a whole lot of aircraft including carrier based I think those were A1A's (I didn't get too many stories from him when I was sober). Rich Stowell sat in the back and went for a ride.

One of the better ones was a long cross country from LA to Oshkosh and Detroit. I stopped in No Where, Nebraska (may have been Kansas) because of cheap gas on AirNav. The roads were so straight and wide the ones near the airport had big yellow X's on the ones parallel to the runway (I wish I had a picture but I was landing).

Anyway the line guy comes out and has the attitude I was hoping women his age would have. Seems like all of them were thinking "What is he trying to compensate for?" He's just drooling all over my plane and with lust in his heart he says "I wish I could afford something like that". All I could say was "I know, me too".

Joe

Thats a tough one Joe! On the bright side you go fly something most of us never will!

Sorry to hear of this development........

You'd look real good in a P-47 or F4U Corsair though!

They say the second best day in a pilot's life is when they buy their own airplane.

Well, yesterday we closed on the T-28. I miss her already. She is so much cooler than I am, it was a real pleasure to take her to a fly-in.

Actually, my wife is like that too. I guess it's not as bad as I thought.

A few of the board members have flown that plane. They know.

I am not changing my avatar.

Joe
You should keep the avatar,anything else would be a shock. And I want to thank you again for letting me share a T-28 memory.

Both happy and sad for you, Joe. Definitely keep the avatar. :)

Joe,

Sorry to hear you had to say "so long" to such a cool plane. But yep, that avatar will always be you.

Back