Mission Complete: Photos / Pics of My Very First Flight

That's the problem right there - what I was talking about earlier re. them knowing immediately if you're going to be hard to work with. NCT is great; I've even gotten VFR advisories in the arrival corridor to SFO at 6pm when it was just amazingly busy. But asking 10 times is completely counterproductive. Maybe 2x? They can hear you. Stop cluttering up the frequency. Those pilots won't really get what they want if they're going to be a PITA to work with....

Finally the ATC guy actually said out loud - YOU KNOW WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RESPOND TO YOU MORE THAN TEN TIMES RIGHT?

Looks like you had a great day in the air! The big smile told all. Good thing that plane had a windshield or you would have had bugs in your teeth for sure. There's nothing that beats the times of your life that you spend with a big grin on your face.

Thanks for posting all this.

Doc

Good job! Keep flying that little 152. They are great planes, and a blast to fly.

Kimberly,

Your photos are suffering the same fate as mine...shot through plexiglas and haze. I put one through a couple of filters and it looks cleaner. Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• kim_city.jpg
    kim_city.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 44
Kimberly,

Your photos are suffering the same fate as mine...shot through plexiglas and haze. I put one through a couple of filters and it looks cleaner. Let me know what you think...

I really need to learn how to use those photo editing software things. That looks absolutely great. Perhaps you can email me the full version? My email is the same as my username here on POA (at yahoo dot com).

Good job! Keep flying that little 152. They are great planes, and a blast to fly.

I will although this Saturday my plan is to get checked out in the 172. Not all pilots can fit in a 152 and my flight school doesn't have any "restrictions" such as you must have flown each plane within the past 60 days or you need to get checked out again.

Didn't realize how expensive a checkout can be, so I need to get this over with while my "skills" are at their highest level - this is according to my CFI.

1.5 hour flight, 3 hours with CFI = expensive. No, I do not want to get checked out in a 172 elsewhere - the one in Novato, for example, costs almost $20 more per hour to fly and is older. Any in Santa Rosa would cost 30 - 50 minutes more each flight (most of the flying I want to do is South of Petaluma).

I really need to learn how to use those photo editing software things. That looks absolutely great. Perhaps you can email me the full version? My email is the same as my username here on POA (at yahoo dot com).

It's not toooo complicated. Google Picasa, download it, and install it--it's free. Open up your picture and click the "I'm feeling lucky" button on the left. I find that most of the time, "I'm feeling lucky" does exactly what I want it to do and very quickly.

Otherwise you can play around with the highlight/shadow/fill light and many other settings manually.

Over downtown SF.
6137230472_2271a9819e_b.jpg

Before ^^^

After:

61372304722271a9819eb.jpg

Kimberly,

The water looks more greenish than I remember seeing around here.

Kimberly,

Dude, that looks like 30 year old Ectachrome... I was expecting to see the Embarcadero Freeway. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

See, digits just don't do it the same as the light exposure process does. To this day I cannot manipulate the light in an image digitally to as good of a display quality as I could on print material, especially something like Duraflex.

Back