Missing twin in Venezuela

Rick A

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rick A
My daughter works with a lady whose brother is missing and presumed dead in Venezuela incident where a Seneca V went missing during a test flight following maintenance. The flight took off from the Charallave-Óscar Machado Zuloaga Airport in Caracas (SVCS) and was flying along the coast intending to land or circle the Higuerote Airport (HGE/SVHG), then return back to SVCS.

I was asked to post the following information in case anyone has any suggestions regarding aviation operations and search/rescue procedures in Venezuela that may supply any information to the family here in the U.S ..... possibly enlightening them to any search and rescue operation procedures, or any information, that may help them deal with this likely loss of a loved one:

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/232425

The last reported transponder altitude squawk was 5100' near Higuerote:
Screenshot_20200131-070110.png
Seems heavy tropical vegetation likely to the south of the probable track, and possibly uninhabited beaches to the north. In either case, the aircraft is still missing. Doubt Venezuela has any search and rescue operations comparable with our Civil Air Patrol (CAP). And knowledge or insights into what type of government rescue efforts (if any) would be appreciated and I'll pass it along.

Rick

I've placed a couple of inquiries for you. No guarantees.

INAC reports that the search was still progressing, as of 20h ago. You can follow them on twitter and perhaps get the information you seek faster than I otherwise can.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 8.55.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 8.55.35 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
that may supply any information to the family here in the U.S
If by chance he is an American citizen then an alternate path is direct through the US State Department for information.

Back