Missile battery at KCLL

donjohnston

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Don
Believe it or not, I suspect a training event driven by someone who’s an Aggie.

It really can be as simple as that.

I guess they need some entertainment since the stadium is going unused on Saturdays.

They do that kind of thing from time to time. I remember being at Stinson Municipal (KSSF) when there was a mock "deployment" on the field from the Air Force complete with uniformed people just coming right in to hangars to evaluate them for suitability.

Cool, I have TR module parts in the radar for that platform.

I seriously doubt the airport administration knew little about the operation. Think they’re exaggerating the facts a bit bit to create controversy. ADA set up at my airport for POTUS visit and the airport manager was well informed about their purpose.

I seriously doubt the airport administration knew little about the operation. Think they’re exaggerating the facts a bit bit to create controversy. ADA set up at my airport for POTUS visit and the airport manager was well informed about their purpose.

Just because we know, doesn't mean you have to know. :ihih:

I'd love to see that set up at my home drome. Unfortunately S43 is likely too small. We did get a couple low passes by Apaches a couple of weeks back. And every now and then a military or S&R helicopter drops in for lunch and JetA.

Excerpt from the linked article, "It's worth noting that there are no live missiles being used as part of the training evolution."
Still, I ain't gonna be doing no overflights of the airport.:eek:
Because, you never know.:target::blueplane:

Excerpt from the linked article, "It's worth noting that there are no live missiles being used as part of the training evolution."
Still, I ain't gonna be doing no overflights of the airport.:eek:
Because, you never know.:target::blueplane:

I highly doubt there are any live Patriot missiles in the launchers. They are about 3 million a missile from my understanding.

I bet they’re loaded with dummy training missiles to simulate the weight and mass of the actual missile.

Believe it or not, I suspect a training event driven by someone who’s an Aggie.

It really can be as simple as that.
Yeah - the whole thing, especially the part about the ROTC Cadets having access, sounds very Aggie :)

All I I know is that it would be wise not get into an argument / the wrong side of the tower when asking to enter his airspace.

Yeah heard they were going weapons free after a night at the Dixie Chicken...

I spent a few days in a camp ground at Osan AFB and had live Patriots right next to us. One day I was walking to the showers and heard a bunch of alarms and people yelling on loud speakers. Next thing I know the MPs are rolling up chewing my *** out because I hadn’t evacuated yet. Apparently one of the Patriots “fizzled” in its container and was in risk of exploding. :eek:

Back