Minimum IFR climb rate - C182

Something you also see people do is forget to advance the throttle to maintain that 25 inches, or whatever they can, on the way up.. not saying that's the OP's issue.. but you'll see people suffering at 18 inches at 6K because they did the good old "set and forget it" thing

.... we were well below 400 fpm. I haven't had that issue with a SR22. ;)

<From My Cousin Vinny>: "Is that thing turbo-charged?";)

From my experience, 99% of flight school generated pilots that are taught the red knob is for starting the engine and then killing it at the end of the flight. To quote quote Dr Bruce, “sigh”.

Yes, it leaves the plugs "just right" for the next renter after that long taxi back to parking fouling the plugs:confused::confused::confused: Am glad I don't rent anymore:p

From my experience, 99% of flight school generated pilots that are taught the red knob is for starting the engine and then killing it at the end of the flight. To quote quote Dr Bruce, “sigh”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe in the UK, but certainly not in the US.

Someone who isn't buying the fuel, obviously.

I like going fast, so even when I didn't buy the fuel I leaned.

The CRJ200s announce it occasionally when hot and heavy at the higher altitudes while trying to maintain a minimum of 250kts indicated per operating limitations. “Gonna be a slow climb from FL300 to FL340”.

The CRJ200s announce it occasionally when hot and heavy at the higher altitudes while trying to maintain a minimum of 250kts indicated per operating limitations. “Gonna be a slow climb from FL300 to FL340”.

CRJs are pretty infamous for it. They have similar issues down low when told to maintain 290 or better in climb. They can basically give rate or speed, but not both.

Personally, They know what your flying and have a good understanding of the performance of that type of aircraft. As long as your climbing with the performance specs, I would say your fine. I can't recall ever hearing anyone say they couldn't maintain a climb rate on a clearance. But maybe we all should. I just think it would clog up the radios. Now if your in a TBM and are slowing it down to 400FPM then I would mention that to ATC since it would be much slower than the normal for that airplane.

CRJs are pretty infamous for it. They have similar issues down low when told to maintain 290 or better in climb. They can basically give rate or speed, but not both.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
49C5B39C-F382-48A8-A648-F2AB8D18932B.jpeg

Back