[mini-rant] Spectrum messed up my recordings[mini-rant]

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
They apparently changed a bunch of channel numbers today according to a recording and did not inform me. The box is not affected but my Windows Media Center PC has all the channels shifted by one from channel 1004 up. 1004 would be 1006 today for instance. Took me a while to figure out how to fix it but I did. Thankfully all the channels in the 1000's have a duplicate in the lower numbers. Those all work right and I had to change every series recording to match. 80 or so changes.

Grrr...Tell me when you are doing this! Also, the on-demand/live tv service over the net is out and so is the my account page. Going to cut the cord partially very soon.

David

What programs are you running or your Media PC ?
I just run Windows Media Center on Windows 7. Been good for the last 4 years till yesterday. All working again once I changed all my series recording info. Have never had cable card issues but I think the issues started with the tuning adapter.

I hate when that happens. Although, fl's post might as well have been written in Korean.

Let me try to 'splain somethin' to ya'll.

I use a PC, not a Mac, PC cause Mac's can't do it, to record cable tv programming. Windows 7 and 8 have software bundled called Windows Media Center. With a tv tuner inside the PC and a cable card, I am able to utilize my PC as a supersized, high-capacity DVR without need for a cable box. I rent a cable card from the cable company for $2.50 per month, I just cannot get on-demand programming with it. I get the same channel package otherwise.

Windows Media Center is actually a nice piece of software that has been discontinued in Windows 10 that includes free guide data. I have 4 tuners so I can record 4 programs at a time and watch a fifth or just do something else completely. It is hooked up to a 40' inch LCD tv. I have a remote control for it and don't need to pay $15-25 a month for a low-capacity DVR nor do I have to pay TIVO a monthly charge for guide listings.

The PC naturally does everything else a PC would normally do including Netflix and Hulu.

I hope this tutorial has helped.

David

Back