Millenial slang dictionary

We had beaucoup slang terms but boo coo wasn’t one.

Boo coo is actually a bastardized form of beaucoup. Originated in Vietnam. Means a lot of. "I have boo coo confidence in Corporal Smith."

Born and raised in California and a millennial by some standards. Never used the word solid and no one I know uses the word solid.

I use solid to describe boats. If someone wants my opinion on a boat and that boat isn't a tired, barely usable old beater, I'll say, " yeah, it's solid." Other than that, I typically only use the word solid in the manner the dictionary intended us to.

Beaucoup is French, been around forever. Americans picked it up in Vietnam from the Vietnamese who picked it up during the French colonial era of Indochina.

Lean
Faucet (failure)
Ice
Drip
Extra
Yaas
Lit
Woke
Basic
Dank
Savage
Swol

Those are the majority of the ones I know..

Man I got drip, this Cirrus life is on fleek, talk about some real faucet failure. The b!tch in the Bo is savage yo. I'm iced out on the lean rolling in the FBO, Signature be for real, all these basic Atlantic peeps looking at my squad, we be swol, gettin that crew car be extra. Hittin the DP out of VNY be dank, breaking out on top at 3,400

Drip.

We would call someone a drip when I was young. It basically meant they were a loser.

In the military one might catch the drip. VD. Not a good thing.

Now it means what?

Wasn't the military I was in.

Used in an artillery Fire Direction Center. If I remember correctly, the firing data is checked to ensure the round will land within an safe impact zone. After checking the date, someone in the FDC announces “safe...send it.” The data then goes to the guns. I may have some of the details wrong. I was infantry, not artillery. I would need to ask one of my FA friends.

I picked up the phrase among my group of friends and use it frequently.

Boo coo is actually a bastardized form of beaucoup. Originated in Vietnam. Means a lot of. "I have boo coo confidence in Corporal Smith."

I remember that term in reference to some some of snake in Alabama....or something.

It was fairly commonly used by JTACs in my experience.

Same experience with JTACs and “send it” here. Probably different context than others have for it, though.

Same experience with JTACs and “send it” here. Probably different context than others have for it, though.

Three one Actual this is Razorback two four, over.
Razorback two for this is three one actual, send it.

(Conversation starts)

Send it is also heavily used in climbing. To “send” a route means to climb it without falling (or to climb it cleanly) so people always say “send it” as an encouragement.

"You Send Me" was a hit in 1957 by Sam Cooke.. same basic meaning... to "send" someone was to fill them with happiness/awe.

"You Send Me" was a hit in 1957 by Sam Cooke.. same basic meaning... to "send" someone was to fill them with happiness/awe.

Not sure Larry Enticer was using it in that manner.

Not sure Larry Enticer was using it in that manner.
Guess I gotta get out more... never heard of him. Something else to interweb cruise for later...

I suspect whowever wrote the piece in the OP is almost as out of touch as you all. Heck, I recognize all that and I'm a dinosaur. Whatever slang and euphemisms the young set is using right now, I bet it isn't any of that.

Back