Midwest meetup

Okay, we're getting ready to head to the airport. Meet at Basler at OSH around 1800 tonight, 6/21, probably go to Friar Tucks, though there's also another restaurant in the area that a bunch of us went to at the last AirVenture that might be doable instead. If you're flying in, be aware that only 18/36 isn't NOTAMed OTS at the moment. The northern runway complex is open mainly as taxiways.

I was looking forward to going. But my son's (playoff) baseball game was delayed by weather. I stayed to watch him play. They did not win. And my son was denied a hit on a bad call (it was fair, ump!)
I hope you had a good time.:blueplane:

We missed you! I got a TM from Kate, and she wasn't able to make it either. There were about ten of us, three from the PoA board: me, Leslie, and Pete. It was a gorgeous night flight back!:yes: One of the ones where all your maneuvering was slight movements of the feet, because there's no vertical displacement. We did get some shots of some rain storms to the west; I'll have to upload them and see if they came out.

I might be able to do June 28th. Travis I am based at PWK as well if we wanted to share a plane. Are you renting and if so from where?

Own my own. I'm one of the Lake's out in area three. When I do rent, it's from Windy City Flyers.

OK, how about lunch or dinner on Sunday the 29th? Anyone?

Edit: I'm not available before noon, so late lunch if we do it would be good! :yes:

Edit: I'm not available before noon, so late lunch if we do it would be good! :yes:
I'll see if we can get a plane. Sheboygan? Schaumburg? (Trying for places that will have a good late lunch available).

(Marty, if you want, you could fly to 1C5, pick me up, and we can fly to 06C together.)

Nope, still teaching scuba. I have a rescue diver class, dry suit diver class and a peak performance buoyancy class that day. I expect to be very wrinkled by the end of the day.

Nope, still teaching scuba. I have a rescue diver class, dry suit diver class and a peak performance buoyancy class that day. I expect to be very wrinkled by the end of the day.
Heck, I should do that peak performance buoyancy class with you!

I think i can get a plane on sunday... where? anyone else?

And if not this weekend... lets pick a date and give people advance notice and see who we can get...

--david

Let us know what ya'll come up with for plans. I think we're watching the nephews this weekend, but if they get out of here early enough on Sunday, we could possibly make a trip in the RV Sunday afternoon/evening.

If Rachel doesn't want to go, I can use it to make sure I have my Comm XC taken care of. :yes:

I'll see if we can get a plane. Sheboygan? Schaumburg? (Trying for places that will have a good late lunch available).

(Marty, if you want, you could fly to 1C5, pick me up, and we can fly to 06C together.)

I'm assuming you were talking to me Grant? If not, disregard this.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be available tomorrow. However, I'd like to formally invite all of you to 57C on July 20th for a breakfast fly-in. I'm considering making the (short) trip to Galt on the 13th, but I might have already had plans made for me on that day as well.

Where would be the best place to "announce" the East Troy fly-in to all on the board? Cool Places to Fly?

I'm assuming you were talking to me Grant? If not, disregard this.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be available tomorrow. However, I'd like to formally invite all of you to 57C on July 20th for a breakfast fly-in. I'm considering making the (short) trip to Galt on the 13th, but I might have already had plans made for me on that day as well.

Where would be the best place to "announce" the East Troy fly-in to all on the board? Cool Places to Fly?

Marty, I'm a stone's throw away at KUES - I look forward to it.

Marty, I'm a stone's throw away at KUES - I look forward to it.

Stan,

Will you be driving in or flying in? I'm fairly certain I will be working at the breakfast... so make sure you say hello. My dad's name is also Marty... so you'll be looking for Marty Jr.

Hope to see you there!

Marty

Stan,

Will you be driving in or flying in? I'm fairly certain I will be working at the breakfast... so make sure you say hello. My dad's name is also Marty... so you'll be looking for Marty Jr.

Hope to see you there!

Marty

Why drive for 30 minutes when I can fly for 9? I might be able to trim this into the $33 - $50 pancake breakfast, instead of the usual $100+!

Back